View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
North American Isuzu Owners Meeting 

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Hi guys I found this vid while trawling Youtube. Just a little warning the F bomb does get dropped a couple of times if you are worried about that sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptu4hx65 ... re=related

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Please refer to previous post on this subject:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=275&p=1525&hilit=club#p1525

Quote:
Somewhere on this website, I read the little description that this is "neutral territory" for the Australian Bellett owners. I have listened to some of the stories about friction among the Gemini car clubs in Australia. It didn't appear to be anything serious until I saw the little video of the Bellett club gathering photo slide show, with the audio of a group of owners asking another owner to leave the show. I mention this only to point out that you may think things are bad in Australia, but they things are worse on the other side of the planet.

In North America, they vandalize each others cars and threaten physical violence.
There is basically no following for the pre-1990 cars, and the following for the post-1990 cars is seperated into two groups: those-who-do and those-who-don't-and-complain-about-the-other-group.
There are two or three people who build and race the cars.
There is a huge group of people who work part time flipping hamburgers, and spend the other 20 hours of their day on the internet making up stories about how their car beats Ferraris, praying for the header fairy to start dropping headers from the sky, avoiding questions about their 500 hp car that does the quarter mile in 17+ seconds, and complaining in envy about the two or three people in the those-that-do group.
The people in this second group don't appear to have the courage to make good on their threats, but their behavior effectively killed any real, mature, adult enthusiast movement on the continent.

I disagree with the thread title. Dissecting it one word at a time, the video may contain content relating to the individual words. But putting them together in a phrase, the title is far too generous to the content of the video.

A more apt title would be: "Can people possibly be that stupid? Yes!".

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 am

JT191 wrote:
Quote:
Somewhere on this website, I read the little description that this is "neutral territory" for the Australian Bellett owners. I have listened to some of the stories about friction among the Gemini car clubs in Australia. It didn't appear to be anything serious until I saw the little video of the Bellett club gathering photo slide show, with the audio of a group of owners asking another owner to leave the show. I mention this only to point out that you may think things are bad in Australia, but they things are worse on the other side of the planet.

JT, as you're on the other side of the planet as you say, i completely understand that you wouldn't have any knowledge of the details surrounding that "video", but i'll just ask that the australian portion of this subject remained CLOSED please, as some involved were very, VERY lucky that serious proceedings with even more serious implications surrounding this "video", including the content contained within and the way in which it was obtained, were not pursued.
cheers.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 pm

PR91 wrote:
i'll just ask that the australian portion of this subject remained CLOSED

I do not know any details and do not wish to know any details. But would offer the following to point out that the north american subject is as bad or worse, and should be placed into the same category.

The group cited in the first post in the thread, typically display, video record, and post to the internet, such fine behavior as simulated homosexual sex between each other, at their "meets". At least one of the other videos in that channel contains that material, probably more.
It would not be surprising if you found a video of them lighting their own f@rts with a cigarette lighter. It's the "J@ck@ss" movie in real life, every second, of every minute, of every day of, their lives.
What a fine caliber of people and the manner in which they present themselves to the world...

One of the founders of the group is serving 70 years in prison for the attempted murder of his wife.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2005-0 ... e-de-grace
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2005-0 ... e-de-grace
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2005-1 ... e-mitchell
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/4072360/detail.html
http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/statesat ... .cfm?ID=43

Cliff's Notes version: Shot and attempted to kill wife, kidnapped wife fled from police, and prevented wounded wife from getting medical attention, fled again from police in the only documented Isuzu car chase, threatened to kill his friend if that friend turned him in to the police (as in a serious and credible threat, holding the gun up to friend's forehead).
That is what they do to the people they apparently like enough to get married to (attempted murder) and call friends (threatened to murder). What do you think they do to people who they hate?
To these people, the phrase "car club" means the same thing as "street gang". And anyone in another car club is categorized as "enemy" by default. They do not care that other car clubs are just a groups of normal people who want to enjoy their cars without violence and obscenity.

Anybody want to go into another round of debate on the legal right for law abiding citizens to own and maintain a firearm for their personal protection, now knowing that nuts like those described above are allowed to run loose in society? No? I didn't think so.

And there's any wonder how and why the Isuzu community on this continent is such a mess? And any wonder why this subject should also be closed?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 pm

well said JT, and thankfully it's never been anything like that here, and i seriously doubt it ever would be too.
well here's hoping anyway and it all sounds like a good situation to stay well away from!
take care mate.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Ok, without excusing their behaviour (I didn't even watch the video; just going from what JT and others have said), I need to know two things;

1) is this behaviour typical of the majority of post-1980s Isuzu enthusiasts?

2) is this behaviour specific to post-1980s Isuzu enthusiasts?

Surely enthusiasts for other performance marques, be they as ubiquitous as the American traditionals such as the Mustang or Camaro, or be they import enthusiasts or Europhiles, somewhere, have also stood on a quiet backlot filming themselves talking about power they do not have, dropping burnouts, simulating homosexual sex and, possibly at some stage, getting arrested for attempted murder?

In Australia, these people would be classified as Bogans; generally lower socio economic groups, fond of big power, Jack Daniels stickers on back window, tattoos of Ned Kelly on their backs, prone to domestic disturbances that can escalate to the point of murder (anyone seen the SBS TV series "Houseos"?) and generally making a menace. Sometimes they will all drive Commodores. Sometimes all drive Falcons.

They tend not to drive Isuzus here, but that's only because they're all old! (The cars, not the bogans).

Dammit, I'm sure I had a point but I've got a crying 4-month old. Bye.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:05 am
Profile WWW

dave wrote:
1) is this behaviour typical of the majority of post-1980s Isuzu enthusiasts?

2) is this behaviour specific to post-1980s Isuzu enthusiasts?

Not typical to all. But typical to the specific group depicted in and claiming ownership of the video. A group which claims to be the sole and only, and whose few members are loud enough to shout down (literally and figuratively) everyone else.
The vast majority of owners and true enthusiasts of these cars are quiet with almost no trace of existence on the internet. If they do stick their heads up far enough to get noticed, they are forced to either fall in with the would-be-street-gang, or stand outside the group as their defacto enemy and target.

dave wrote:
Bogans

Another familiar term might be Yob.
Notice the owners and their antics are primary to the content, the cars are secondary or tertiary.
I would imagine that video footage of a majority of gatherings of persons active in this forum would show people looking very closely at the small details of each other's cars and asking how the owner did this or that.
Not making plans to vandalize the property of someone outside the group, that none have met, but all agree they hate, because someone who used to be in the group, is no longer in the group, had a verbal disagreement with the intended victim.
They are not brought together by love or even like of the cars. What unites them is their shared belief that they are victims. The automotive world screwed them. The import and sport compact world screwed them. The manufacturers and vendors of replacement and racing parts screwed them. The people in other car clubs screwed them. Don't point out that their situation is all of their own making, or they will all agree that you screwed them too.

Funny thing, I ran a Google search for the phrase "car club rivalry" and found results only for Los Vegas and New Zealand.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2004/oc ... to-deaths/
Las Vegas, 2003
""But it's equally likely that it may have nothing to do with traditional street gangs, that it had to do with car-club rivalries, that's the leading theory,"
"As many as 700 people gathered Sunday in the lot after the Lowrider magazine Super Show at Cashman Field. Then at least 85 shots rang out.
The night's violence ended the lives of Glen Charles Taylor, 26, of North Las Vegas; Jorge Rojas, 26, of Las Vegas; and a third 26-year-old man who has yet to be identified pending notification of his relatives, authorities said."

http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/ ... ce/978609/
New Zealand, 2007
However, this one was due to an illegal street race crash, not a shooting.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]