View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
rta 

Post rta
funnny thing happend tonight i was in grafton in a truck empty and mister rta pulls me up :roll: :D :oops: The usual stuff walk around the truck check things out, license check and make sure all is in order :?: All was good then i was asked what i was doing down this way as it is illegal for me to load a tilt tray out of nsw :? The truck was unloaded as i left the race cars at the track and was heading into town to pick my young fella up from macca's when i was pulled over, i explained this and then the rta guy then asked what do you race my reply was a bellett, he was a little suprised and said his father had owned a sedan and a wasp and the wasp had a v6 commodore fitted to it :shock: I said i know the car my old man bought it from him :D .
SMALL WORLD :lol:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
:lol: Yep, that is amazing mate - you wouldn't think it could happen.
I've met George's young fella, seems a decent bloke.

But why is it illegal to load a tilt-tray out of new south??
And is it OK on a hook?
Or on a trailer?
It is on a transporter.
Whats the go? :?

Cheers, Matt.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 am

nsw and qld are regulated in qld only for accident towing, nsw you need to a permit to self load I.E tilt trays crane trucks ect, I think it's designed to to stop the back yard operators such as scrap and trade jobs for cash? In qld we get under cut by anyone with a heartbeat they can buy a $5000 truck and run around doing $40 tows for cash, no insurance,no tax. The thing is we need a dealers licence to sell scrap or unwanted cars with fines up to $20000 for non compliance. But if i buy a car trailer and a old landcruiser and do the same job with no abn it's hard to prove i am not just cleaning up a car from the back yard, nsw is probably the same if you use a car trailer no one will ask questions.
Accident towing in qld is regulated it cost us close to $10000.00 a year to comply we get audited and fined if we make any offences we have to maintain their bookwork,log everthing,all way's have a truck at their beck and call 24/7 with threats of large fines. But we have guy's in our area that just operate and the qld transport will not act unless we prove they are doing it. If someone complains about our operation they are on our door step next day. It's harder to police the back yard operation it seems.
Again it's easier to control the legit business. I think this is the case with any business if you operate from home on a small scale for cash you are under the radar and if your realy good you can collect unemployment as well ;)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
I have been waiting to get stoped by georges son. I have met him and recon I could get away with heaps. Gricey

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
A dealer's licence to sell scrap?? Hooley dooley! Regulation gone mad! It would be hard to make a dollar being a scrappie - local price here is down to $120/tonne.
Upside is old cars will be left in the paddock to wait for age to make them lovable. ;)

I have a scrappie mate, & feel a little sadness each time I see it loaded with squoosed old cars, even if they are only rotten old Falcodores & Camiras (So many Camiras!)
The way I see it, Aus has millions of acres of dry country that are lucky to support a sheep each. You can store about 120 cars on an acre!
Ever notice how well the grass grows up around a car when you pasture it out? The old sheep could probably still get a feed, so the country would be just as productive.
Imagine the future parts reserve?

Oh, it's a beautiful dream.........

Cheers.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]