View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PR91's Movember campaign 

hi all.

http://au.movember.com/mospace/7230405

yep... i'm in for Movember. i'm sure we all know the idea behind Movember... it's to raise awareness for men's health, coz far too many of us get all macho and won't visit the doctor when things are minor, but then when things are much more serious, it's all too late.
please dig deep and help out by clicking on the link above.
as I've written in my bio on mobro, i'm doing this for my dad, who some on here already know, as he's got a bit of an issue atm, and Kim's dad who's been thru his fair share over the last year and a bit and isn't completely out of the woods either.
also, i'm doing this for our late mate Ken. we all know he took his own life nearly 3 years ago now, and maybe with some more Movember support, things might have been very different...
remember that we all have a father, are someone's brother and have son's of our own, so your money could be helping those you care about the most too.
i'll keep you info'd on the "progress" of the disaster that i'm starting, and while I have the full support of Kim, she's also looking forward to the big handbar stache i'm aiming for being gone at the end of it so it's gotta be worth a few of your hard earned for the laughs it'll create!!

cheers.
Brett. PR91.
bellett.net admin.
BCCV Pres.
2013 Mo Bro.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm

with the start of Movember still 2 days away, I've already had an awesome donation of $100 from someone very generous to kick things off!
remember tho don't feel u have to match or better anything someone else does with this cause. even $5 can make all the difference.
cheers again, and PLZ dig deep!

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:10 am

come on guys... 83 views so far is great, but no replies and not even a single donation of even 5c from bellett.net. surely we can do better as a community and help each other out coz the one guy u help could very well be your own father, brother or son...
so far we've raised $360 and it's only Movember 4, with the pledge of more from a few other mates too, so the rest of the month could bring big benefits to other men out there..
please help out this very worthy cause, and it's literally i case of every dollar helps, so $5 has the potential to go a long way..
go to: mobro.co/brettwild and follow the prompts.
cheers!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:43 am

well Movember is half way thru and so far i've raised $410.
in the beginning i thought a couple of hundred would have been great, but now that i'm well past that i'm now aiming for $500, so i'm hoping the bellett.net Community will step up and help out a very worthwhile cause.
cheers.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
There you go Mobro, done it. And i hope this goes well towards the $500 mark...AND BEYOND.

As you might know, my Dad had a long battle with prostate cancer.

B 8-)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:50 am

Bruno... Mate... Honestly I'm humbled by your kindness and generosity. I really am.
As u know, I've been around these cars of ours now for more than half of my life and while the cars have created the reason for friendships, it's the people themselves that make them last.
I honestly am proud to call you a good mate that I've made thru Bellett's and will have for a very long time coz the humanity is what goes beyond anything a car could ever give.
Mate, just yesterday i had some other good friends, those that I've also made thru the car world, push me just past $500, and with another smaller donation today as well as yours has got me too $571 rite now!
Jeez... Maybe $600 ain't a big stretch now after all?!
I'll be sure to post up a pre mo and current mo pic in the next few days so u can see that your money has gone to a worthy cause.
Again Bruno, many thanks GTtoo and here's to the memory of Mr Turini.
I'm proud to do Movember for him.
Cheers.
Brett.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Your welcome PR91. And I am humbled by your humbleness too.

On a personal level it goes deeper than Valentino Turrini. Although my wifes dad was a loopy Hungarian, he sadly topped himself about 12 years ago, and no one saw it coming.

Growing freindships in the Bellett family has certainly been my saviour. The move from the Flinders Rangers about 6 years ago wasn't an easy one. But there was one thing that cancelled out the difficulties....finding the great individuals out there who I have grown to love as brothers and sisters.

B.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:38 am

bellett.net and MOST importantly, my good mate Bruno....
we made it to *drum roll please.... $700!!

is a fantastic feeling to raise that much for men's health, and MANY HUGE THANKS to Bruno and Liz for their generosity in donating.
mate, as I wrote in my email to u, I never met your Dad, but stories like his are exactly why I have done Movember, and I'm proud to dedicate the $700 raised to his memory, and to the memory of Liz's Dad who was lost to a fate that has also fallen upon our own Bellett family with Ken Bloor.
RIP guys.

cheers.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:51 am

Congrats PR91. I'm just greatful we could contribute to the cause, like so many others have done. Likewise, I never had the pleasure of meeting Ken, it is also in his memory.

It's always painfull to think governments spend billions on sh&%$, but the important stuff, like more research into whats killing the human race is secondary.

Thanks for the photos, before and after, mate :lol: :lol: priceless. It suits you ,ya mexican!!

B.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
sorry guys and Brett. been so busy away with work for 2 weeks.
i have stopped in and added my donation. joined the Movember crew even though i wasnt actively getting donations.
keep up the great work.
always happy to support a good cause and Men's Health is sure one of them.

OZ

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]