View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spotted a GT cruising North bound 

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
A good plan and pants with very deep pockets :lol:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gricey wrote:
Davo . Take some good advice . Don't strip to Mutch off untill you get a good plan . It's easy to pull apart mate . .gricey

I agree with that too, you will also end up with a lot of parts to store. Best to plan it as much as possible

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:32 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi glenn ,gricey and stickman...I had to take of the gaurds and doors to see what rust it has ....so off come the front valance as well bumpers came off to totally soak with penetrating oil to save the rubber overriders ...seats came out as they need re foaming ..2 slight tears ..I will get some quotes while they are out ...the car seems reasonably sound ..I am not scared of this one yes it has a few holes ...plastic was still on rear quarters over the trim which is mint ...glenn I do need adrivers side kick plate its pretty r/s do you have any spares ?? ...so yes I have a plan I have boxed all the parts taken off so theres no confusion ....i have come to a woa back ..till its assessed cheers and thanks for your kind comments cheers davo

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:09 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
Sandwhich bags are good too the ones with the zip lock things. The write on masking tape and stick it to the bag to label where the bolts, clips, screws, etc. Go

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BULLITT wrote:
hi glenn ,gricey and stickman...I had to take of the gaurds and doors to see what rust it has ....so off come the front valance as well bumpers came off to totally soak with penetrating oil to save the rubber overriders ...seats came out as they need re foaming ..2 slight tears ..I will get some quotes while they are out ...the car seems reasonably sound ..I am not scared of this one yes it has a few holes ...plastic was still on rear quarters over the trim which is mint ...glenn I do need adrivers side kick plate its pretty r/s do you have any spares ?? ...so yes I have a plan I have boxed all the parts taken off so theres no confusion ....i have come to a woa back ..till its assessed cheers and thanks for your kind comments cheers davo

Do you mean the aluminium side plates along the bottom of the inside sill area? I have seen them eroded badly and would be hard to replace unless somebody has some tucked away from a wrecked body. Bent etc could be carefully straightened. Possibly with a soft hammer. None here I am afraid. (need to put the Sport ones back in too, once carpet is done)

glenn

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
Retroasted wrote:
Sandwhich bags are good too the ones with the zip lock things. The write on masking tape and stick it to the bag to label where the bolts, clips, screws, etc. Go

also take photos if u can too mite help ...... bag n tag screws good idea ...done that before

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:35 am

yes glenn that's them I will persevere with a light hammer then buff polish them up ...ah another little job ...what sort of $$ for a set of carpets allowing for the tunnel bits ....which have to be specially made ...hey another thing these bucket seats also tilt as well as fold down .....im learning daily .....rear quarter windows came out to check rust and sometimes rusted hinges ...great all as good as gold .........cheers davo

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am

I told you that the seats may tilt and fold ;) Remember

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 am

hi guys as promised ...call me crazy but I let my blue teardrop go .....I did love it however when this little gem came up I had to do some serious juggling ...in the mind and in the finances ....what do you think aint she a beauty ...cheers davo oh I have the radio ..tyres are perished they are 35 yrs old ...

Attachments:
passenger.JPG
passenger.JPG [ 2.36 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
MOTOR PASSENGER SIDE.JPG
MOTOR PASSENGER SIDE.JPG [ 1.85 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
FRONT.JPG
FRONT.JPG [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
REAR.JPG
REAR.JPG [ 2.26 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
REAR SEAT.JPG
REAR SEAT.JPG [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
FRONT SEATS  PASENGER SIDE.JPG
FRONT SEATS PASENGER SIDE.JPG [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
INSIDE DASH.JPG
INSIDE DASH.JPG [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 18630 times ]
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Nice work - I am soooooo jealous mate!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

BULLITT wrote:
yes glenn that's them I will persevere with a light hammer then buff polish them up ...ah another little job ...what sort of $$ for a set of carpets allowing for the tunnel bits ....which have to be specially made ...hey another thing these bucket seats also tilt as well as fold down .....im learning daily .....rear quarter windows came out to check rust and sometimes rusted hinges ...great all as good as gold .........cheers davo

Proceed slowly though, or you will stretch the aluminium. Use some thing soft to support the pieces on when you use the soft hammer. ( a bit of carpet for example) In fact, that alloy is soft as it is, a lot of the minor dents etc usually can be removed by using your hands/fingers.

The car in pics looks pretty nice. Nothing major in the panel area by the look of it. Some rust as you know. Take your time Dave. Tackle a bit at a time.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Davo

Love the interior looks in good nick

One thing I did with the floor was to scrape out the seam seal -- it looked fine but it hid surface rust underneath the seam seal -- its old clean it up and reseal.

Carpets - I had a quote from Whilshires here $400 - they strongly recommended to bring the car in (one of the last things you do)as goning on the pattern of old shrinking carpets is not a good idea as they were a loose fit from new.

I unfortunately didnt heed their advise and have a loose badly fitting carpet.

I will take a photo of my exhaust with the original tail section similar to the first pictures you have.

Also agre with other comments - Lots of Photos and bag everything

Well Done Looks Great

Cheers Flying

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
:shock: WOW! Davo, that is a beautiful thing. I believe you have made a very good choice. Most of us will never have the chance to buy a PR90, particularly in this condition.
Has it been resprayed in the past? If not, I would be doing only the minimum work to fix any rust, and just touch up. I know, I'm an originality freak, but I've been reading Survivor Car Aust. mag, and believe that as original as possible will be the most valuable. It also consumes less hard earned.
"They're only original once!"
Good to see you're straight into it, most important thing is to get it on the road & go cruising with your mates, and some of them up there will be a great help, no doubt. Go carefully mate.

Very congratulations!
Cheers, Matt. :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:28 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Might be time to start a "My Bellett" thread, as this is definately "on topic"!
:D Matt.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:32 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
congrats on the awesome find! it looks pretty good, the cookie cutter style wheels are different!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Great to see another coming to the sunshine state,wow what a find,hope you don't have the rust Patches had,Lesley seems to think we talked to the owner of this car in Evans Head some 32yrs ago,where or when will the next one turn up :o you'll have to join osjcc now,it will be well talked about this weekend All Jap day Brisbane,Gerry

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:56 am

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Yeah Gerry,
You'll have to pick him up on the way through. Hopefully you are not working Davo!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52 am
Profile WWW

hi lewis im not working would love to go ......will contact Gerry ..cheers davo

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am

GerryBellettGT wrote:
Great to see another coming to the sunshine state,wow what a find,hope you don't have the rust Patches had,Lesley seems to think we talked to the owner of this car in Evans Head some 32yrs ago,where or when will the next one turn up :o you'll have to join osjcc now,it will be well talked about this weekend All Jap day Brisbane,Gerry

Nice plug Gerry old school Japanese car club will be at the all Japanese show this Sunday we will have around 15 club cars at this event. We cater or all old Japanese cars but there will be a fair show of Belletts. osjcc.com Soon to be linked with the bellettcarclub.com website.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:08 am

see you sunday greg and lewis and anyone with a surname of isuzu .....davo

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next