View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jumping on the GT bandwagon 

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Well I have dragged the gag well and truly long enough.....

Most already know anyways so may as well give every one else a little look at the "BANDWAGON" :D

Attachment:
My Black Bently 001.jpg
My Black Bently 001.jpg [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 15782 times ]

Attachment:
My Black Bently 002.jpg
My Black Bently 002.jpg [ 2.59 MiB | Viewed 15782 times ]

Attachment:
My Black Bently 003.jpg
My Black Bently 003.jpg [ 2.64 MiB | Viewed 15782 times ]

Attachment:
My Black Bently 004.jpg
My Black Bently 004.jpg [ 2.74 MiB | Viewed 15782 times ]

This is bit of a monster of a project as it has some pretty serious rust issues to say the least.
A pillars (roof to sills) inner guards (look closely at 4th pic) sills and front floors, bottom rear quarters (inner and outer) windscreen/window sills, drivers side roof gutter and chassis rails all need to be cut out and replaced.
I do have a rust free rolling sedan that I was intending to use as a cut up donor for the main replacement section (A pillars, floors etc) as the end dollar value/collectibility of the GT out weighs a sedan but..... it's still a rust free sedan that I have all the parts necessary to put back on the road too :| so I'm at a loss as to what to do :?:
There is a LOT of fabricating that needs doing that I would otherwise have to pay someone to do and that BIG $$$$$

Money I was saving to get the ball rolling on this has just been spent buying the Dubbo wasp so it will be a little while longer before much progress is made so plenty of time to decide whether to chop or not.
Also due to the amount of fabrication work involved I will be making a few mild modifications along the way.
Running gear will remain original GT but the body and interior may get some customization...... time will tell

What are your thoughts???

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sticky. There's a sedan heading my way soon from sa. We should talk ;)

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:32 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hang on to it ..they don't come up all the time ...I found this gt through an add on ebay the guy was selling the console out of it I emailed him and spoke where he got the console ''it was out of the car '' ''wheres the car'' he sent pics etc and one thing to another I bought it then sold it on to potter since then you have acquired it you can do it you have 2 things going (as well as others) you are young and you have patience cheers davo I have some old pics of this car when it lived in Sydney ..in snake high grass

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:53 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Well look at that! A really trully in the metal GT. :shock: So very nice to see you have this one. :D It may be a big job, but yeah, you are young and each one is worth saving if at all possible.
Always difficult deciding to sacrifice a good sedan. The sections are all the right shape, so it would be easier than fabricating things. I honestly don't know hiw I would go. I am fortunate in having a few terminal sedans with rust in differing spots, so might be able to chop up a few to get the right bits.
Either way, there is work ahead.
Glad you got the nice Wasp. :mrgreen: Please show us once you land it home.
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:59 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
dont know about the project .but would love to have the shed .lol gricey

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I'd love to have the shed too....... those pics were taken at mates property at Griffin/North Lakes that was bought and carved up by developers for 300+ houses. The GT is now under a lean-to and tarp next to a shipping container up the back paddock at my brothers place :(
So I will also have to find shed space again to be able to do the work too :?

Yeah I'm hearing you Matty, I do have 3 other sedans that I could chop up but it would literally take all 3 to get all the sections I need. 1 of them is worse than the GT to start with, 1 is just as bad (have started building a drag car with it) and the 3rd is the Coona teardrop (Jenny) I got from Rod (50 Bells) and she is in line for resurrection not demolition. I could NEVER sacrifice a restorable teardrop!!!
The donor rolling shell came as part of the package with the GT specifically for that purpose but it's still a tough call to make :|

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

No need to fret Davo, I'm in for the long haul with the GT.
I will always find a way, even if it means living in Donkey (again) to save enough money to pay someone else to do the fabrication work for me. I've lived below the poverty line 4 out of the last 6 years so I'm not afraid to rough it a little to get where I need.

Thanks for the thought Gunna but I don't think outlaying more on a chop chop car is the best option for me when I have one (3) already.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Big project for sure but well worthwhile.

Whats it like for rust inside and under?

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:33 am
Profile WWW

Glenn wrote:
Big project for sure but well worthwhile.

Whats it like for rust inside and under?

Front floors aren't real pretty. There's a decent hole where the Accelerator peddle used to mount...... still have the peddle though :)
Haven't looked too closely at the rear floors yet but if the fact that the spring base and back for the rear seat are rusted beyond being able to be used I'm assuming there will be some in the floor too.
Boot floor is pretty reasonable though.
When I find a shed to work in again I'll put it on my rotisserie and give it a thorough going over. Might consider getting it blasted once on there too. Still undecided on that, might fix some of the structural issues first.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Stickman wrote:
Thanks for the thought Gunna but I don't think outlaying more on a chop chop car is the best option for me when I have one (3) already.

Umm ok, but that wasn't what I was thinking. All good.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:53 am

Gunna wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Umm ok, but that wasn't what I was thinking. All good.

PM sent bro

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:28 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
stickey. when i was a kid i spent a lot of time chasing and catching horses in the area around north lakes i was thinking you could corral the gt with donkey it would make him feel better about him self . then he would really kick his heals up . lol gricey

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7