View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
the life of rolie 

Car(s): Bellett GTR, Bellett GT Group N, Isuzu Lotus,
I agree with Stickman. What a shot!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's. M/B A250 Sport, i30
Here's a brief over view of the whole Goodwood event. A lot going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3-EHI1 ... ploademail

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:29 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Alfa 33, 1935 Riley Special
Yes Glen.....as usual the Revival was a fabulous event, and although as your YouTube clip shows, there's always a lot going on elsewhere, the action on the track was just as hard fought as always.
To prove the point, have a look at this excellent clip.

https://youtu.be/e9gEogHrl6Y

This year was indeed Rollie's chance of a forth entry to the Revival, but we knew all along that this would be a real long shot.......The Revival moves on really fast and my face and the car doesn't fit anymore.....I'm not a celebrity TV chef who dabbles in historic racing, nor am I a current Touring Car driver who's commissioned a 'brand new' hot rod to play with on his weekends off.
Equally the car would have been hopelessly off the pace.....the whole grid has probably moved on 3 or 4 seconds from the last 60s St Mary's Trophy......have a look at this....

https://youtu.be/0Tt4mSImzSA

We're working hard on the engine at the moment, and the head is on a computerised flow bench believe it or not! Who knows? We may still give a few of these show ponies the hurry up after all.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
WOW - thanks for posting those clips Pom..............they are really racing for sheepstations now too. :shock:

I hope the head work bumps up the HP as well.

Cheers
Neil

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR91 1967 GT, PR20 1966 1/2 with GT Goodies, Bellett PR20 1968 Orange with Turbo G161 OHV
Geeessss
It really is 'Win-it or Bin-it'..........
J

To increase the fun, add a hair dryer

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 am

While it's an impressive spectacle, I'm glad that sort of thing isn't what goes on here in historic motorsport, especially in regards to who gets a run.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:33 am

Car(s): Alfa 33, 1935 Riley Special
It's only the Revival that is/can be so selective Brett.....they pretty much have the pick of the world's Historics (cars and drivers!) and consequently continue to roll out some seriously impressive grids.
I'm privileged, with the help of you guys, to have competed at three......but like all successful events it doesn't stand still.....and although I'm not a fan of the way it's going, I understand why it's going the way it is.
Historic club racing over here is the opposite, and is very inclusive....in fact they're so keen to see you on the track they're prepared to be a little 'flexible' with the rules....prime example being Rolie….lets face it, he is a bit of a hybrid isn't he?

With that in mind we go in to the winter break with a reliable but boring engine, and the search for greater compression and better breathing has taken us to one of the true mavericks in the world of historic engine prep....I got this pic from him the other day...
Attachment:
flow bench.jpg
flow bench.jpg [ 72.79 KiB | Viewed 691 times ]

I don't suppose anyone's really thought of Belletts and computers being natural bed fellows, but the talk of 10% gains here and CFM improvements there excite me in ways I can't explain!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44