View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
My 1st car RIP 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi simmy get the horn button allways needed regards and welcome dave

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
Thank you! Hopefully if I can get myself another car I can get some bits and peices off this one. I called my Dad the other night to ask him his thoughts on reviving the old boy and he said forget it. The windscreen got smashed years ago by naughty grandkids and its been soaking up water ever since so he guestimates the floor would be rusted out. The interior was always shot after my dog attacked it out of protest being left in it lol... I'd say the engine needs a lot of work. If anyone is interested though just pm me. Its too much for me as I dont have the time to do a full Reno. I would like to buy one to teach my kids to drive a manual in it and also for me to drive daily. So hopefully one running without needing too much work. Dont really care about body as long as its in road worthy condition. I will eventually respray it.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Simmy
KJB on this site had a real nice Granny speck sedan, a beauty and in Victoria, and a good price, think he still has it. Check out Belletts for sale on here.

Geoff

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 am

thank you!!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 am
Profile YIM

I really am considering dragging him out if his slumber, even though my dad said forget it! I could get my boy outside playing with it , but hes 15 and Seems to prefer creating skylines on computer games lol....everyone seems to think this little car is salvageable but problem is, the time, the money and where to keep it etc. I would most likely be better off buying one that's running already and maybe paintwork is bit sketchy and perhaps a few minor body imperfections. My man doesn't have the time to spend rebuilding and he's got no knowledge of belletts. If anyone is interested in buying my old car, let me know. I would love to see him in my driveway but it just may never happen :(

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2