View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
walter lives 

Walter was out n about last thursday he runs sweet plent of grunt. A special thanks to yp for throwing a help line and once again to the forum for a comunication link. Walter is back on the operating table as we speak with a diff operation this has created two problems.The swap is a piazza diff.
1st one is we swaped centers and we have too much end float so it's comming out again and we will try to just swap the crown wheel and pinion.
2nd problem is that Liz has fallen in love with the piazza that is in pretty good nick i must admit but it has a blown engine.
They have a huge engine bay just begging for something nasty :twisted:. As if we need another project.
If we are not carefull we will have a isuzu museum

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Was that the Main Bearing seals that I sent?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:06 am

Yes YP that did the trick. I just finished the diff tonight i bought a donor piazza stole it's diff and fitted it to walter there was too much end float and the axles were able to hit the wheel cyls. The first thought was to change the crown wheel onto the wasp centre? wasp 8 bolt piazza 10 bolt. The next plan was to change the block in between the planetries taht spaces the axles out? The pin is larger in the piazza diff so we had to machine it out to suit but it is case hardened so it was sent to brisbane to a machine shop that was kind enough to take this project on, So with a nice fitting block that turned up tonight i had to fit it to see what the out come would be it went back together fine a test drive and we have droped 1000rpm at 100km per hour. 3200rpm/100km once we run the new engine in we can get it to 6400rpm @ 200kph all we need is 4kms of road [wide that is :lol: ]

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
What a great piece of work Gt orph. 200kph!!
I'm impressed by your willingness to be unfazed by problems and sorting them through so we can all learn by them. there's so much combined knowledge on this site and we don't have to put up with the bulls**t that is on lots of other sites - a credit to all the members and the administrators.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:07 am

um sorry 200km is bull$hi7. i would not sit in it as it would be a dash grabbing experience :shock:. A little bs goes a long way ;).

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]