View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Suzie Belle 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Quote:
This will be an intermittent and drawn out topic as time for cars outside work is hard to come by...

I wish I was this slow!

$200 :!: Complete :!: With hubbies :!: Motor goes :!:
Dream find! Good work.

Is she an auto?
I have a 1500 badge for you, PM me your address if you'd like it.
Fuel caps can be difficult, bit the ones on Isuzu KB/ Chev Luv are the same.

Cheers, keep us posted,
Matt.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Great work Ledmeter

It's good to see them being saved. Apart from the minor dings and scratches it looks good
Keep the pics coming
YP

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

Car(s): 1967 Isuzu Bellett
Bonnet repaired, primed and back on car. Looks great but is still only about 90% good enough - upon return from Europe in July I will start the repairs on the remainder of the damage and put each panel into primer. Then all panels will be aligned, blocked & shaped, re-primed and then painted! After a nice in&out refinish in solid 2-part cream it will be decorated with wasp blue lacing along the sides, then a high-solid 2-part clear all over the outside of the car. I'm not sure how to rotate an image file sorry..

Attachments:
File comment: turn your head to view.
Bellettbonnet.JPG
Bellettbonnet.JPG [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 26921 times ]
Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:46 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
once again welcome to the nett mate you have got the bug i can see it when you start looking for bits let us know most are avail good bit of repairing there are you gonna be at merrimbula cheers davo

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Ouch - sore neck......

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 pm
Profile WWW

**update**
After being in storage under a cover and under cover for a year,
I am pleased to announce that Suzie has come home! She is in fine shape with minimal spiders and bugs. A mouse seems to have lived in her passenger seat for a time.
I have taken the seats to the upholstery place for re-covering in plush dark red velvet. I bought plush red carpet to match. The brakes have been reconditioned as has the master cylinder. The interior is getting tidied up at the moment. The chrome shift selector plate was bad... but a bath in warm water, some soap and fine steel wool and a soft brass brush for the grooves later and she's shining like new!! Same for the ashtray.
I have the guards off and in at my work for straightening and shaping. I found a bonnet badge and member Farmer was kind enough to donate the 1500 badge and the missing trims. I'm off to order some clips after work tonight.
I'm so happy she's happening!
There are some mechanical bits I will need so I will post in the wanted section later.

Mon May 27, 2013 2:53 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Fan-Tastic! Great to hear you're into it.
Glad I could help, and I'll watch for the 'wanted' posts.

Make sure you take pics! (And post 'em!)

Cheers, Matt.

Mon May 27, 2013 3:43 am

Hi all... a lot has happened and it's been ages since I was here last...anyhow update time. Engine has been tuned, new distributor setup installed, upholstery done, 70% installed, red velvet and plush carpet looking fab ;) three panels are with slow panel beaters. No that's not a panelbeating technique, the guys are just slow. :D

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 26416 times ]
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 am

ps looking for decent tail lamp surrounds plus maybe passenger side lens, a driver's side door lock cover, and does anybody know what goes beneath the glovebox? Is there supposed to be a shelf/compartment?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
looks bloody great shaping up well , the parcel tray under the passenger side you can sort of see it in the picture of the gt just sold have a look at the replies , the taillights ...the chrome ..well most are r/s and need of chroming the tail lights put it on the wish list the drivers door I presume is the little sliding key arrangement?? make a list and put it on here there are some guys out there with spares to spread around cheers davo

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
My Sport has a front parcel shelf but I am unsure if any other models had them, apart from GT.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:58 pm
Profile WWW

Well something used to be there, I can see something was bolted in under there and has been removed, and the space looks empty.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 am

Sedans never had a tray under the dash from factory.
Only GT's without factory air con and later Sport's had them.
Sedans do have the mounting points tho, as this was all common between all models.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:20 am

Hmm interesting! Well I wonder what used to be there? It's not just empty bolt holes, there are rubbings and markings showing something was once there. I guess I'll never know :)

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
May have had a tape player or even 8 track player fitted there, as we did in those days. I had a state of the are player in mine, would take 8 track as well as tape. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Hi led, good to see you're back at it. Seats look great!
Some people fitted GT shelves in there, easy job if you can find one. Gary Carter's auto has one fitted.
No spare ones here I'm afraid, but plenty of door lock covers. Rechroming is probably the go for light surrounds as Davo said.
Hopefully we will see you at the Tassie Nats!

Cheers, Matt.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:50 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
It was cheaper to buy new rear lights from Dick than rechrome the old ones on Isabell, as most are pitted with pimples ect.

Geoff.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Well all the chrome had fallen off the horn ring, so I just faced it right back and polished it, it looks quite nice. Not as blinging as chrome was though. I'll try that on the tail lamp surrounds and see how it looks then.
Farmer if you have a lock cover, can I buy it?
Also I'll see about the tassie show, I'll come along with or without Belle as it's an arduous process. As we all know :)

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 am

Well that only took a month! Finally sent that door lock today.
Good idea about the hornring, '68 & later cars actually have dull silver rings to reduce glare. Safety feature!
Tail light surrounds may be fine too, there is one nice car with silver painted bumpers and it looks good.

Cheers, Matt.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

Hello everyone!
A quick update - I ditched the electric fuel pump and restored my original pump. I even retrofitted a fuel filter to fit inside the original one! Now the car is purring. I've sent the gear shift shaft and button, along with the taillight surrounds, off to the plater's for rechroming.
But I have bad news! I had the passenger side front guard being repaired by a coworker.
I since left that job and the guy just won't return my calls!
I can't get in contact with him. I bumped into him once and he said he still had the guard - but this was ages ago.
Can anyone sell me a replacement guard? This is such a bummer.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2