View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
pearcesnr's collection 

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Hi all great site, I have been around Belletts since 1974 and it is great to see so many still enjoying their Belletts, I have 3 sedans, 1964 sports sedan, though it has a 67 grill (a little lighter than a 64) fiberglass door skins, front guards, bonnet, boot,and bumpers, G200 sohc twin 45 webbers, etc, this will be replaced for next year with 2.6 4ZEI.
Also 2 1968-9 sedans in need of restoring, gave my son my 1975 Gemini coupe ( now Black ) and a Jackaroo.
Look forward to chatting and reading all things posted on this forum and will be interesting to see how many others join the site,

Geoff

Attachments:
F2006006427.JPG
F2006006427.JPG [ 97.5 KiB | Viewed 13275 times ]
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Car(s): 1970 Isuzu Bellett 1500
Very cool car Geoff, great to have you on board! Is it just me or is that bonnet flexed or taken a shunt?, either way definatley show us some more pictures! :)

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Thanks Alistair, yes it is a little flex, being fibreglass it is light and has no ribbing along there. The whole front was originally one piece when the car was built as a racing car in 1984, the rules were changed in the late eighties so the bonnet had to be a seperate item, thus we took to it with a jigsaw, so it is not perfect. You may also note the front bumper is located higher than standard 4 door, around the same as a GT, thus allowing better airflow for the oil cooler and radiator.

Cheers, Geoff

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Car(s): 1970 Isuzu Bellett 1500
Thought it had to be somrthing like that!

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Car(s): Impulse -85, racing Bellett -67 1,5-liter 5-speed, GEO Storm -93 1,8 16V DOHC
Greatlooking race car. I have seen it sometimes in the net during the years. I have 2,6-liter 4ZE1-engine in my race Bellett. It has Lynx long intake manifold, shape like "S".. and a little higher lift Calmini camshaft. The torgue is huge. You can start from the line with 3th gear and it leaves the line like rabbit. With a light chassis it is so easy to use and I think it doesn´t need so high revs. It is reliable and durable heavy-duty engine. I have 250mm slicks rear and 190mm front and discbrakes around.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:20 am

Thanks Antti, I agree the 2.6 should be good. we have wanted to do one for a while, though with so many G200 engines in the shed, and the 4ZEI not cheap if you can get a good one in Aus time goes quick. We have picked up one and the G series had its last run Saturday. I have seen your car on your clubs site and really looks a weapon. all the best Geoff

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Now, there's a familiar name- I'm trying to put a face to Geoff Pearce. I'm Matthew Smith, formerly of St Marys, and was in the Sydney Bellett club from 1976 'till sometime in the '80's.
I went to some lap dash days and remember you being pretty competative.Looks like you were a stayer!
I sold Dave Garnon his first Bellett (black warmed '67 sedan), then my L.W.B. Wasp in 1988 to tow it to tracks. Any of this ring any bells, or have I totally stuffed up the I.D.?
Matt.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Matt, yes you are on the right track, a little older now!! turns out to be a small world, Dave Garnon has been a good mate for over twenty years now and lives at Mulgoa NSW, he still has a early sedan, though not the black one, if my memory is correct the Wasp you sold to Dave was Ted Freemans, Dave does not have it any more, though he still has the horns from the roof. Unfortunatley I think it ended up at the tip, a shame as there does not seem to be many Long Wheel Base Wasp's left, if any,. As word spreads on this forum there might be some out there, it is good to see that that the ( Isuzu ) Bellett & Wasp (and others ) spirit lives on. regards Geoff

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Car(s): not enough!
Hello there,
Im Matt's brother....the goood lookin one!
hehe

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi, Geoff. Thanks for the update. It's great to hear from people I havent seen for years and find they still have a passion for belletts, but belletts are like that! What, the "Hornmobile" on the tip? Sad. Good news is, I found another Wasp (S.W.B) earlier in the year.Plan is to restore it for the nationals next year,which will be in Adelaide. Nationals were great this year,b.t.w., sadly though no Sydneysiders, though (a few of us ex-sydney types). Maybe we can remedy that in '09. I come to Penrith a fair bit as Mum & my 2 sisters still live at Cranebrook, and my best mate at Jamisontown. Are you in touch with any other ex-club people? Perhaps you could point them (and Dave) to the forum. It would be good to catch up. Regards, (and to Dave) Matt.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]