View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
"Sport" Bellett sedan 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
another thread talks of last minute preparations..... this will be cutting things to the wire if i can do it all.

but very happy I can see the end of the tunnel which started on 17th June when i bought the Sports...... so, anybody planning on importing, take a very long term view !

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:30 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
Nearly there - although you didn't mention tomorrow Glenn???

Part 1???

Always long delays unfortunately - especially for personal imports. Considering import approval takes normally around 6 weeks, a little over three months is pretty quick consdering they were non runners and needed to go in a container. Much quicker for RoRo....

My aim is to get the first photo into your new 'thread'!!! :D

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
tomorrow is here and we picked up the spare car today. Thanks for all the help so far, Jason.
I knew from the start it would take some time. In fact my own projected arrival date was only one day out.

The process is a bit drawn out and import approval compounds that a lot. Getting two cars and a heap of parts too does not help either.

More pictures now on the new picture thread. Warts and all.

"Patina" this car has in excess.

I already started to work on the other car, i removed an air cleaner from this one and cleaned it up at home. Not sure if i can get an air cleaner element for it? Maybe some period Nissan had them also?

glenn

Attachments:
IMG_0122_on-trailer.jpg
IMG_0122_on-trailer.jpg [ 96.44 KiB | Viewed 41118 times ]

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:14 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
It is like Christmas when you can finally open all the presents ! Now get into it, as we all expect to see one of these cars at Merimbula - running or not...............
KB

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:21 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
yea mate bring it to merrimbula sores and all we have all waited for this we all want to feel the before car ......than adelaide ...the after car ...great to see its all happening at last for you ...at least you could have painted the tyres for the photo shoot .......................cheers davo

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:29 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Go Glenn,
Glad to see have something to take your mind off the wait, at least now have toys to play with :mrgreen: better than Santa, as all the toys are good, that car looks pretty straight, and if rust is behind back wheels, easy fix , ask GT Orph. :shock: best of luck with the air cleaner, I couln't anything to fit it, and GT air cleaners won't go on. I hand some extentions made for my carbies and then fitted GT air cleaners, only just fit under bonnett.
Keep at it mate, you can do it...............
Cheers Geoff

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 am

Isabell Grand Tourer wrote:
Go Glenn,
Glad to see have something to take your mind off the wait, at least now have toys to play with :mrgreen: better than Santa, as all the toys are good, that car looks pretty straight, and if rust is behind back wheels, easy fix , ask GT Orph. :shock: best of luck with the air cleaner, I couln't anything to fit it, and GT air cleaners won't go on. I hand some extentions made for my carbies and then fitted GT air cleaners, only just fit under bonnett.
Keep at it mate, you can do it...............
Cheers Geoff

something for my three days off each week although this morning I was "told" the balcony on the house has to be painted next. I think that needs negotiating till after Nats !

That car is very straight except for the transit damage. Guards easily fixed, bonnett more work, but I am not going to do any work on this car. Energy needs to put into the better one.

I did see some air cleaners on ebay that looked similar to these. The guy is not far from me so might stop by or phone him to get measurments sometime. I like the look of these air cleaner cases so would prefer to use it if i can.

There are so many things to do though. 1st off is to get the engine running. Will buy a new battery next week too once i know what size it is.

I was not real happy with the way the trailer towed, it may have been because the rear of the car was weighted down with all the stuff in it.

Rear spring?:_ has 3 leaves, I have forgotten what a sedan and GT has?
glenn

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 am
Profile WWW

an update on my Sports.

You may recall I was looking for a tow bar. Craig helped me out and I have now fitted it up. ( I had 2 other offers also, thanks to those who did, but this one was closer to home) Not without some drama though. I was thinking a few hours would do it but that's never the way. When half bolted up, the bumper bar was hitting on the tow bar so off it came and a section of plate had to be ground out of the tow bar.
Then the holes in the part under the tank were not it the right place so had to be redilled so as to fall into the pressed area of the boot floor (where the spare sits)
I found the wiring diagram from the PR60 owners manual has different wire colours to whats in the car so had to trace them all out. The diagram appears to be from a long tail light model but i would have thought the wires would be the same. Not so. One win though, a towbar wiring loom out of a past Ute I had, was pressed into service. Never throw anything away!

Last problem, the bolts holding the tung section did NOT want to come out.......

Attachments:
Sport_tow-bar 003.jpg
Sport_tow-bar 003.jpg [ 56.94 KiB | Viewed 40717 times ]

Last edited by Glenn on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:28 am
Profile WWW

Also, a plea for a horn button for the sports steering wheel (aftermarket) that was in the car, was kindly supplied by Bullitt.
The saas button fits the Japanese wheel perfectly. Just need to make an adapter wire for it and clean up the wheel.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 am
Profile WWW

OK, BELLETT PEOPLE.

I have a question for you.......

My Sport speedo reads about 16kph off so i decided i might try the spare speedo instead from the other car.

Got it a few weeks back and today cleaned it all up, removed the glass to clean inside etc. Inside the actual speedo is very clean compared to the Sport which i dismantled.

What really surprised me (something not notice before) is that the two speedos have a different max speed!
Both cars were made in 1972, one in May one in August so you wouldn't think there would be any differences.

BUT my Sports speedo reads to 180kph while the spare reads to 220kph! Note also how the zero reading is at a different place on the dial.

Can anybody explain this? I think' GTR's had 220kph speedos? Anybody know.... (maybe I have a GT-R Sport model, very rare :) )

1st Pic is my Sport, 2nd is the spare

Attachments:
BELLETT_SPORT_SPEEDO_ 002.jpg
BELLETT_SPORT_SPEEDO_ 002.jpg [ 51.73 KiB | Viewed 40336 times ]
BELLETT_SPORT_SPEEDO_ SPARE-CAR.jpg
BELLETT_SPORT_SPEEDO_ SPARE-CAR.jpg [ 54.76 KiB | Viewed 40336 times ]

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:08 am
Profile WWW

funny, there's more, Tacho's vary also, warning sections at different rpm, numbers done differently. Seems to imply different engines.

Another interesting thing, the overspeed warning buzzer is not on my car but is on the spare.

again, any Ideas ?

1st pic is my car, 2nd is spare car

PR95.... whats in your GT ?

Attachments:
BELLETT_SPORT_Tacho_ mine.jpg
BELLETT_SPORT_Tacho_ mine.jpg [ 47.03 KiB | Viewed 40333 times ]
BELLETT_SPORT_Tacho_ spare.jpg
BELLETT_SPORT_Tacho_ spare.jpg [ 33.18 KiB | Viewed 40333 times ]

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:41 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
My 72GT has the 220kph speedo and 6500 RPM Yellow and 7000 RPM Red Line tacho same as the first one you posted, and looks to me that they are matched with same space between the numbers.

Geoff

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 am

PR95 wrote:
My 72GT has the 220kph speedo and 6500 RPM Yellow and 7000 RPM Red Line tacho same as the first one you posted, and looks to me that they are matched with same space between the numbers.

Geoff

thanks Geoff,
appears mine is a mixture ..... wrong speedo, right tacho. Or they just chucked in what they had at a the time on assembly line !

strange though as Japanese rego papers show correct odo readings.

I'm going to fit the spare speedo and tacho for now as its simple to do, to see how the speedo accuracy is.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:21 am
Profile WWW

Have now moved almost every thing into the new house, bar a lot of stuff from the shed.

Bellett Sport has done sterling duty, moving everything, in a 6x4 trailer..... a lot of trips of course and many entries in my Club Permit log book.

the sharp eyed among you might notice the builder put two types of garage doors on the place. Single is roller, double is sectional. Of course they should both be the same, sectional type! (fixed now) Among many things screwed up in this build.

Attachments:
sml_20150305_141734.jpg
sml_20150305_141734.jpg [ 289.08 KiB | Viewed 40256 times ]

Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Nice!!! :D

Mon May 11, 2015 7:23 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
main thing is the belletts fit in there you can allways have a carport for those modern cars ..ha ha nice place mate ...cheers davo now the nice gardening etc starts as well

Mon May 11, 2015 7:35 am

BULLITT wrote:
main thing is the belletts fit in there you can allways have a carport for those modern cars ..ha ha nice place mate ...cheers davo now the nice gardening etc starts as well

one Sport fits in there... plus my and other halves every day cars. Although its a bit tight right now till we unpack all the boxes !

Need some volunteers to help in the garden .. ;) with the rain we been having, bring gumboots. :)

Another load comes in... Interesting point, the trailer is older than the Sport. I built it in 1971, my first welding project.

Attachments:
20150509_131444.jpg
20150509_131444.jpg [ 20.23 KiB | Viewed 40236 times ]

Mon May 11, 2015 8:03 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Great to see you're shifted in mate, and the Sport was up to all the hauling. Helps your lady appreciate the practicality of your hobby.
Strange how builders just plough on regardless with stuff that is obviously wrong. At least its not just your place, seems to always happen!

Wish you lived closer, a clean slate garden is good, you can put in all your favourite plants where you want them. Any vegie patch? If so, I recommend put it as close as possible to the kitchen. If you can nick out in your thongs and grab something, you will make much more use of it.
Have fun and dont hurt your back!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon May 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Farmer wrote:
Great to see you're shifted in mate, and the Sport was up to all the hauling. Helps your lady appreciate the practicality of your hobby.
Strange how builders just plough on regardless with stuff that is obviously wrong. At least its not just your place, seems to always happen!

Wish you lived closer, a clean slate garden is good, you can put in all your favourite plants where you want them. Any vegie patch? If so, I recommend put it as close as possible to the kitchen. If you can nick out in your thongs and grab something, you will make much more use of it.
Have fun and dont hurt your back!
Cheers, Matt.

Hi Matt
Yes, we plan a veg garden. Limited in size compared to our old one. Also a few fruit trees, Lemon etc but 'dwarf' sized ! Milena is champing at the bit to get things started but the rain here and MUD means not much can be done yet.
Thank goodness we got the builder to do the driveway (at exorbinate cost) so at least we can come home and keep out of mud. Others in the street here are moving in with no drive and a nightmare.

Mon May 11, 2015 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next