View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
GT Orphanages Wasp update 

Walter is having a big day today, his ready for his release to the outside world if all goes well it will be registered today.It was last registered in 1982.I think he is a little scared he came back on the truck from the exhaust shop when he was unloaded of the truck it did not suvive the 50m trip to the shed as the fuel pump died.At least we were home.
Dave is right be careful with parts when you store them,i was suprised as parts do not interchange without modifications even bonnet hinges are diferent.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Good luck with rego Liz & Greg hope your Walter gets his shiny new plates as did our Sid
Cheers ken
See you guy's at Coona

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 am

All good had to fill out a stat dec that it was registered in australia before it took an hour to confirm this was ok.Walter had his new plates he just needed a sticker.We havnt driven him yet as the tray has no floor in it yet as we have fitted a new tray and the floor is not finished.So we trucked him over as it would not be smart to drive it.
btw Ken who is Sid your wasp? maybe we could have a swarm :lol:
P.S
SORRY WASP87 I DIDNT MEAN TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD :oops:
P.P.S
The moderator that moved this thread might want to change the new heading to leadfoot_liz wasp update or there will be trouble as i am not the owner just the poor bugger that will get bashed for claiming her project.I would rather upset wasp87 than the woman that has me fearing for my life. :shock:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:00 am

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Hio Greg / Liz
congrats Sid is a 1 owner sedan 661/2 32k on clock books & most reciepts but have misplaced original purchase reciept from Willy's Motors sept 1966, hasn't run since 2000 went to banyo jap day ran like a bird will be at Coona good luck with tray
cheers Ken

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm

we took walter for a run last night same deal only 5km run but a sweet ride.we still have a few bugs to sought but all is good.His first day out will be racq motorfest.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Fan tastic! LIZ has done a great thing. Any chance of more pics, or are you saving that for motorfest?
Cheers & congrats, Matt.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Walter is getting a radiator repair,and his clutch master & slave cyl recoed.The new clutch was too much for the old slave cyl.We should have just done it in the first place.Walter got a rush job on a budget.The radiator will be back next week and we built him a new tray that is getting a ply floor as a tempary messure.He also developed a oil leak,the oil feed line on the side of the head had lost its o ring so it was off with his head.Again we should have freshened up the engine while it was out.At this stage Liz is entertaining the thought of a warm gt motor after coona. :twisted:
He will be out next sunday at motorfest as the head gasket is done,clutch system is finished,radiator was sent last monday they repaired the top tank and pressure tested it.The core had weeped so they gave it some chemiweld[not happy jan]so now it wont be back until mid next week as a new core is being made.
We have focused on the nort qld gt aka as isabell.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]