View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Brock Commodore 

Car(s): Hillman (Bellett ancestor), Rallied a Bellett in the 1970s, Owned a Gemini, Bellett GTR 1:43
OK so here is one of my other cars. VK 1984 Brock Commodore, the model is called "LM5000".

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o262 ... Commodore/

It was the first of the VK Brocks and was an interim model while they developed the regular SS and Group 3 models. About 110 LM5000s were made. The LM stands for LeMans and commemorates the fact that PB raced (in a Porsche) at LeMans that year. The car itself is built to Group 3 specifications with the 250 bhp motor, 4 speed, Bilstein dampers, lowered suspension, Irmscher mags, Momo steering wheel. In it's day you had to spend twice as much as its $18,000 price tag to get a 4 door sedan as quick. 135 mph in top but that's hitting the redline and with the optional 5 speed it was over 140.

Mine was on of the last LMs built, and was in the Brock Factory at the same time as the famous dayglo red and white cars that were 1-2 at Bathurst in 1984 - unfortunately they didn't accidentally give mine the race motor :D

Cheers, Vic

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:39 am

nice broc-odore there vic.

peter was friends with my old man, so 6/9/2006 came as a huge shock, let me tell u.
they knew each other from the early racing days, and while we all still have a run now anf then, the last person any of us thought would die in a race car was pete....

anyway, i've never seen another one of your lm vk's.
how many were built, and how many are left?

cheers.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 am

Car(s): Hillman (Bellett ancestor), Rallied a Bellett in the 1970s, Owned a Gemini, Bellett GTR 1:43
No-one seems to be sure exactly how many were made. The HDT "Bible" which lists almost all of the cars that went through the Brock factory has some gaps during 1984, the period when LM5000s were built. When being interviewed for the release of the VK SS & Group 3 Peter said "about 110" . As the SS basically replaced the LM5000 it's probably around that number.

I don't think anyone knows how many are left, but I would think fewer than one third. They weren't a well recognised model, and time, accidents and theft take their toll. The HDT forum has been running a thread for three years on how many Blue Group A cars are left from the original 500 - currently they have identified 160. Sure there are more out there locked up in secret sheds, but the 'Blueys' were the most recognisable and collectable of the Brocks outside .

Cheers, Vic

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:27 am

Dammit clicked submit before I finished the last sentence. I was going to say ' most recognisable outside of the original VC model'

Vic

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]