View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Eastern Creek Tasman Revival 

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hi everyone

I just got back from watching 3 days of historic racing at Eastern Creek.
A lot of it was devoted to the early Formulas such as Formula 1, 3, 5000, Vee, Ford etc but there were also some big fields of Group N cars with four cylinders including lots of Cortinas, minis, some Datto 1600s, Alfas and the odd Austin A30. Sadly there were no Morris Marina fastback coupes :lol:

It would have been nice to see a few Belletts in the mix.
:D
I've posted some photos for you. The "opposition" looked very nicely presented and they were good guys to talk and loved talking about their cars. Strange that ;)

Attachment:
SDC10600.JPG
SDC10600.JPG [ 50.6 KiB | Viewed 6422 times ]

Attachment:
SDC10610.JPG
SDC10610.JPG [ 50.77 KiB | Viewed 6422 times ]

Attachment:
SDC10611.JPG
SDC10611.JPG [ 56.99 KiB | Viewed 6422 times ]

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 am

the group n boys do have nice cars.
but those cortinas are firmly in the sights of a group n bellett i reckon!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
I think and hope you're right PR91.

They were doing 2m:02 through to about 2:08, depending on the car (and driver??) around Eastern Creek.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 am

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Yellowperil, it would be great to see a Bellett in action again, Tom Amos in his Bellett GT scared the life out of them over ten years ago, the Bellett blew them away, they tried to ban the car,but were unable.He was then regarded as a 1st divison racer and was not able to compete at club level, the car is still ready to go and may make an appearance soon. All the best and hope you are able to get on the track asap, we will be watching in interest.

pearcesnr.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks for the encouragement PR91 and pearcesnr. :)

I'm still getting the supply of many parts together, with a bit of a hold up on the lightweight, skinny valves and guides.
I get a bit envious of some makes where the owners can just go to the relevant performance suppliers and buy stuff straight off the shelf. But I guess that if it was easy everyone would have one!!

I am about to finish checkfitting the shortblock - for about the xth time and assembling it soon, followed by head work and valve train geometry stuff - getting into the unknown in the practical sense here but have read heaps of general stuff on it.

Soon i'll post photos up. unfortunately masses of photos showing 2 thou being taken off thrust washers or a big end cap being tightened again doesn't appeal to everyone :roll: so i'll wait until some progress can be shown.

Body and suspension/ brakes etc. start early next year, with target completion date late 2011 / early 2012 depending on work, $$$, distractions...etc This won't be a GT but I'll do everything possible to make it go. The only limiting factor might be the skill of the driver.

All technical suggestions / help from those who have gone before is appreciated.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]