View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
1959ish Austin Lancer 

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
Guys this is a little side project im working on to improve my welding skills and fabrication skills. A friends dad races historic cars (appendix k? i think) and he is currently building another car to race in the Golden era auto racing http://www.goldeneraautoracing.com/, and i volunteered to help him if he wanted me to, just so i can learn some new skills (i hope!)
Long story short He made the offer that if i wanted to build one i could use the austin lancer he had and build it from there! Basic idea is to have a one seater open racer, engine remounted behind front axle and me sitting near the rear tyres with the gear stick coming up between my legs! We will be using as much of the origional suspension as possible to keep costs down (hopefully aiming for under $2000 for a running car)
The car has the same wheelbase as the origional we stripped down. So far The car has been stripped down, and the basic chassis has been welded up, next move is to mount the suspension points to the bare chassis. this is by no means a quick project because i limit doing it once a week on shed night for about 3-4 hours (there are 4/5 cars being fiddled with on shed night!)
I will post up some progress pictures later today....

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]