View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Big Block Dodge 

Car(s): '68 Chevelle, '97 Nissan S14, '71 1800GT, '72 1800GTN
This one is for dave over at garageofawesome. Noticed they like the muscle cars

I have more than a few projects at the moment, and all are rare beasts. Sometimes thats not a good thing.
This one here is a 1967 Dodge Dart GTS. There were only 457 GTS darts made in 67. All came with the big block 383.
228 automatics and 229 4 speeds. This is one of the automatics. Original black on black with redline tires, am radio, buckets and center console tach. That was about it for options. Just a plain old black dart with a big block :D

The car is very straight and rust free. I expect it should bring a fair price once its all finished. In the bellett world 457 cars might not seem too rare ;) But in the US, this is the smallest dodge model made in 67, and only the GTS had the big block.

There is even a debate as to who built the car first. Dodge or one of their dealers. Mr Norms' dodge dealership credits themselves with sticking the big block in and driving to dodge to prove it could be done. Dodge says "the barracuda that year had the 383 already, and its the same chassis as the dart, it would've happened anyways".

Hopefully once this one is back on the road I'll be able to part with it. Something tells me its going to be a VERY fun car.
might need to stock up on tires :D

Attachments:
photo-103.jpg
photo-103.jpg [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 6212 times ]

Last edited by NorCalBellett on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 am

Car(s): '68 Chevelle, '97 Nissan S14, '71 1800GT, '72 1800GTN
One of the other projects.
A 1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 4speed.
It needs full restoration as well. Original white with black deluxe interior, black vinyl roof, black nose stripe.

The last pic is of some rare California snow. I live 30 min. north of SanFrancisco, so it only happens every 13 years or so.
Im sure if I had to shovel this stuff I wouldn't find it amusing at all :)

Attachments:
photo-104.jpg
photo-104.jpg [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 6208 times ]
photo-105.jpg
photo-105.jpg [ 1.47 MiB | Viewed 6208 times ]
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Nice project, the Dodge. We built the Dart here as our Chrysler Valiant (large car!) for many years. '67 (our '68) only went to 273 cu in small blocks.

I had a '68 Canadian built factory right hook Dodge Monaco for a long time . One of very few here, I believe it was brought out by the Canadian Embassy. It was originally a 383, but had been fitted with a 440. Nice, big croozy car! A lazy 3 speed auto, my favourite thing was to pull out to overtake someone, then push that l o n g throw throttle all the way down. The kickback to second would have unwary passengers grabbing on to something! Then the overtakee would just be gone.

I sold it to a good mate (to buy a Bellett!), who now has it back on the road and cruising. Nice!

The Camaro will be a nice car too.
Thanks for showing,
Matt.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
now those photos of the snow are way..... too..... cool.... for a queenslander ( quueensland thats the sunshine state over here ) keep up the photos and imfo cheers davo

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]