View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Photo Gallery and Videos Page!! 

Car(s): 1968 Bellett GT
hey guys this website needs a section where u can just upload your pictures for other peole to view them (a photo gallery) and maybe? just maybe..a section for videos of your bellett!

this would be a good upgrade for this website

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:34 am

Car(s): Isuzu DMax LSU, Isuzu MUX, 1979 117 Coupe.
Waldo wrote:
hey guys this website needs a section where u can just upload your pictures for other peole to view them (a photo gallery) and maybe? just maybe..a section for videos of your bellett!

this would be a good upgrade for this website

Terrific idea. But as there is costs involved maybe a donation button would ease the burden of the onwers. Most other forum I am on have this set up through paypal. :idea:

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:03 am

i think everybody would be ok for a small donation each year or so?

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi guys,

There already is a section for your photos... it's called the forum!

There are now instructions on how to add photos, so that should make it easier for those having problems.

In terms of video, that is a good idea. There are a couple of issues:

- I don't know how do-able this would be in terms of the forum engine; I will have to defer to Antus for a verdict on this.

- I don't know how much size we actually own and how much we've used. We purchase a small area of a virtual server somewhere in the USA (essentially the theory is that we sublet a room in an apartment from a guy who rents an apartment in a multi-storey building - well, that's the allegorical version anyway) so if our data fills up the entire room, we're screwed!

So yeah, Antus will advise if this is do-able!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 am
Profile WWW

yeah but see u have to go through everybodys posts and toics to find pics of cars which is kind of annoying when you have a specific pic you been looking for, my suggestion was like an extra tab or menu item that is specifically just a gallery of photos, ive seen many forums have them and just thought it would be a cool idea.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:55 am
Site Admin

Car(s): Gemini TX Coupe G200W Delco EFI, Gemini TX sedan (SR20DET, track car), Dato 1200 Ute, Subaru Blitzen Wagon (4th gen)
Time is more of an issue than money. We have a very good deal on the server space at the moment, but in the future we'll probably need to update to the next size. When that happens I might add a donations thread where people can volunteer if they like. For the time being though, its plain sailing.

The server is reporting:
Disk usage and quota 84.34 MB out of 256 MB

That includes the forum itself, all the posts in the database, and all pics/attachments. At the current rate we might last until mid year before we need to change anything.

As for the gallery, i would need to find one that 'plugs in' to phpbb3. I have used the gallery called "gallery" before, and when phpbb3 was in beta someone made it "plug in", but when I set bellett.net up I checked and the plug in was not maintained and did not work with the current versions of phpbb3.

Videos have the same kind of problems, although you could right now add videos to youtube which will then provide code to cut and paste in to the forum to embed it here. Or as a minimum just a plain link to the youtube video would point people straight to it.

If any tech-os out there do know of any good galleries that do plug in to phpbb3 and are maintained, let me know.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]