View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Think BEFORE you post plz.... 

Pretty simple folks....
Some don't mind having pics or info of their cars posted here, or elsewhere for that matter. But some do, and don't even post anything of their own.
And usually for very good reasons.

I ask we all respect each others opinions on this and not post pics, info, comments, etc without approval of the owner first.
Yes, this may be a pain to do, but it's necessary to avoid issues that can be created unnecessarily.

Cheers.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:19 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Amen.
Matt.

Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
Pretty simple folks....
Some don't mind having pics or info of their cars posted here, or elsewhere for that matter. But some do, and don't even post anything of their own.
And usually for very good reasons.

I ask we all respect each others opinions on this and not post pics, info, comments, etc without approval of the owner first.
Yes, this may be a pain to do, but it's necessary to avoid issues that can be created unnecessarily.

Cheers.

need to clarify this a bit more than that> ,... eg we goto a Nats, club outing or whatever and take pictures of all the cars....... have to ask permission from everybody ?

Sat May 07, 2016 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Am guessing if cars are on public display probably ok as the owners have bought there cars.
Private property of any kind ask permission.
I tend to edit out license plates and not name owners (if known) on cars I post from public display anyway.

Josh

Sun May 08, 2016 12:28 am

I'm not writing an essay on do's and don'ts..... Just use some common sense.
Cars at the Nats or club runs will obviously be photographed and likely will be seen on b.net. Owners know this and if they dont want their cars seen they wouldnt take them.
Taking pics of someone's car on private property, without consent, and then posting it, again without consent, is a different matter.
If in doubt, don't post and avoid the problems. Simple.

Sun May 08, 2016 2:11 am
To post or not to post? That is the question!

Post and you'll pee someone off somewhere on the this internet.

Don't post anything and you will be as safe as a hermit in a cave.

Sun May 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
Gunna wrote:
To post or not to post? That is the question!

Post and you'll pee someone off somewhere on the this internet.

Don't post anything and you will be as safe as a hermit in a cave.

how true .....next time you take a pic of a bellett ..parked down the street ....you will be in deep shit ....as I was ...
have a look on fb ....they do it all the time ...this site is getting worse ...that's what this is for share stuff

Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm

rod wrote:
how true .....next time you take a pic of a bellett ..parked down the street ....you will be in deep shit ....as I was ...
have a look on fb ....they do it all the time ...this site is getting worse ...that's what this is for share stuff

If you dont like how this site is run, nobody is forcing you to be here....

Sun May 08, 2016 10:02 pm
True.

Sun May 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
rod wrote:
"...have a look on fb ....they do it all the time ...

I had to wrap someone over the knuckles for posting unsolicited pictures of my car on FB, sitting at their repair shop, with a few personal details. I loved driving the car around because it was fun, but I didn't have my details posted all over the side of it for every bozo to see. Even though it was just an old car, still mindful of security.

Mon May 09, 2016 3:40 am

degruch wrote:
rod wrote:
"...have a look on fb ....they do it all the time ...

I had to wrap someone over the knuckles for posting unsolicited pictures of my car on FB, sitting at their repair shop, with a few personal details. I loved driving the car around because it was fun, but I didn't have my details posted all over the side of it for every bozo to see. Even though it was just an old car, still mindful of security.

Spot on.
Not saying that was the issue that was created on this site, but is another reason why this comes up.
Cheers.

Mon May 09, 2016 4:54 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
maybee ...I should give the nats a miss this year ....I prob wont be welcome ..

Mon May 09, 2016 5:30 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
No Rod dont miss this years Nats, I reckon it will be the Biggist one we will see for a long while.
Navigating social media/on line etiquette is a mine field and an ongoing learning experience!!
I know from experience the pros and cons of what happens to all sorts of posts.
I've always been over cautious about what I post (my nature in general) while others post everything down to the ingredients of their lunch (Facebook usually).
I would say most of us have posted something that went over like a fart in a space suit :D
BUT don't miss the Nats this year its going to be a Cracker

Josh

Mon May 09, 2016 5:53 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
rod wrote:

S'alright mate...I won't be there, neither will my car! :lol:

It's worth pointing out that what had happened on FB started off as pretty innocent, just a case of unbridled enthusiasm. But I still had a word with the garage owner over posting pics of my car and number plate, to which others then added my name and location for all the world to see. :shock:

Mon May 09, 2016 6:05 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
rod wrote:

I wanna see ya there Rod!!
You can even post pics of Donkey on any networking site ya like :mrgreen: doesn't bother me any as there are already hundreds of random pics of him out there anyway (+ He's already been pinched once too but they only got a block and a half away before they dumped him on the side of the road)

Mon May 09, 2016 9:23 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
There was a time when I had no desire to ever turn on a computer. I was probably even scared I would break it, or invite a criminal to steal my identity or something.
But then I was shown eBay. Amazing! I can go into a shop in Hong Kong and buy a tiny Bellett and have it mailed here for twenty bucks!
Then I went to the 2007 Nationals and was told about the setting up of Bellett.net.
Now there was a reason to own a computer!

This internet thingy is a great resource, giving lots of opportunity to stay in touch, share our passion and buy or swap stuff we want or need. Sometimes any of us are bound to stuff up and upset someone. If I have done it, then I would and do apologise. There was a thread recently where we were shamed for assuming someone was an idiot, when they may have an illness, and rightly so.
The great thing is that mostly we respect the feelings of others, and when reminded, move to put things right.

All PR91 asked is that we think before we post so as not to cause distress. Thats not political correctness, thats decency. And I reckon everyone on here is decent.

Come to the Nats and enjoy each others company. The reminder to enjoy every day and not waste time on negativaty is very fresh in my mind.
Cheers my friends, Matt.

Mon May 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Farmer wrote:
All PR91 asked is that we think before we post so as not to cause distress. Thats not political correctness, thats decency. And I reckon everyone on here is decent.
Matt.

Cheers Matt.
And 1 billion % spot on. This is not an exercise in finger pointing.

Yes, an issue arose recently, and as an admin of bellett.net, I have a duty to respond to simply prevent these things from ruining the community we all enjoy.
I'll also add that this wasn't the first time this issue has arisen here, and in fact one instance involved one of my cars. Sure, I have posted photos and info about some of my cars elsewhere, but I choose what is posted and where it is posted. I won't go into the reasons why I have this personal opinion on what and where, but I ask is that my wishes are respected, just in the same manner that we respect the wishes of other car owners who may feel the same way but for different reasons, or those who may have a different opinion to entirely. Surely that's not too much to ask?

Also, I'm not saying these issues arise from the same parties in these instances either.... but it is a timely reminder that something that is perceived by one as being a photo to share may not be something that the owner wants shared, so I ask we all simply think before we post.

Tue May 10, 2016 1:58 am

degruch wrote:
It's worth pointing out that what had happened on FB started off as pretty innocent, just a case of unbridled enthusiasm. But I still had a word with the garage owner over posting pics of my car and number plate, to which others then added my name and location for all the world to see. :shock:

Unfortunately, that's how these things usual begin. But also as shown in your case, as well as others, things can be intended in one way but not received in the same way elsewhere, especially if they are added to by well meaning 3rd, 4th, 5th or whatever parties and it escalates....
Now there is no right or wrong in any of that, but it brings about issues that don't need to exist, hence my original request at the top of this page.

Cheers.

Tue May 10, 2016 2:04 am

Car(s): not enough!
Just giving yooz all permission,ya can all take as many pics as ya like of me,my shed and my cars and post them anywhere, I'm just so excited and proud of the cars and I'm a good looking bloke, ha ha.

Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
bembokabellettbloke wrote:
Just giving yooz all permission,ya can all take as many pics as ya like of me,my shed and my cars and post them anywhere, I'm just so excited and proud of the cars and I'm a good looking bloke, ha ha.

Yes you are :D :D :D

Tue May 17, 2016 7:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next