View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Dave's Rant 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi,

I've elected to kill of my rant for several reasons.

First and foremost, in my latest entry I managed to offend some people within the Bellett community that are dear to me. I didn't mean to offend, nor was it intended to make anyone appear stupid, angry or rude. Ironically, it was intended to amuse and seems to have falled so far from the mark that it's not funny. I apologise to those who were unhappy with the content. It is gone.

Secondly, I intended the rant to ensure that there was at least one new thing to look at every week or so; although a small forum, the amount of people on here will ensure it's unlikely to stagnate. Essentially it's taking care of itself simply through our members and my 2 cents worth is not really required to keep the site fresh.

Thirdly, I sometimes struggle to find time to write it. So it's dead.

The fourth reason is the same as the first reason, but it was such an important reason I felt it could go in there twice.

Again, peace, love and understanding; I ask for your forgiveness. I apologise again.

Kind regards,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:28 am
Profile WWW

I can see why that thread did offend some people and with a group of people that share a common interest in our cars does not mean that we are all on the same level when it comes to other subjects.I did enjoy the write up and got a good chuckle about nemo :lol:.I also enjoyed the daves rant sometimes when you sit down to read this forum and nothing has changed it is disapointing.It would be a shame to see the forum die or personality clashes distroy it as it has happend with clubs and forums ect.
I dont know many people on this forum but i enjoy the online freindship of people. I have known some since i was in nappies,then the people that i have met from the forum,and the online freindships that either i have been able to help and share parts,and the people that have helped me with info or parts.
lets just say now and then there is going to be a line crossed and it would be a shame to let it wreck a good forum or freindships. keep up the good forum

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Just went to look for a reply to Dave's last rant......still shocked at the descision to pull it !! I cannot commment on any objection to the content, as anything said has already been pulled, and I might be getting into deeper s...t, whether it's hit the fan or not.

Lets get back to the point. The main content of Dave's last rant was all about attaining wasp (chev luv) hubbies hanging in an old dealership's window between here and inner woop woop !! There is also reference to the surrounding circumstances, which, I believe all bellettnet'ers understand, was a weekend of trying circumstances to say the least. The rant also highlghts the relitive speed at which the said "circumstance" was dealt with given the situation.

Like GTorphanage, I believe there is a commaradery within the forums, whether it's the sharing of parts or the sharing of experiences. Part of the joy of B'net is the diversity of content and its people.

Can we look forward to another rant.......or do I have to keep on ranting ??

B.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
I liked the rants - and I get Dave's sense of humour - bring back the rant!!!!

"Like GTorphanage, I believe there is a commaradery within the forums, whether it's the sharing of parts or the sharing of experiences. Part of the joy of B'net is the diversity of content and its people. " GTtoo

Here Here GTtoo - well said.

I would not know anyone from this forum if I walked past them on the street - saying that I would have no problem opening my home to them if they dropped into Darwin and say "Welcome Mate."

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
Rant or no rant or ignorant? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in mind to suffer the slings and arrows of those that get upset at rants or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by capitulating, end them. Dave, I too would request you reconsider abolition of the Rant as you obviously need an outlet for your creative energies. The first rant was an excellent piece of work, worthy of any car column or magazine. Some of the later ones not as good.
Although one of the things that makes Jeremy Clarkson so interesting to read is the 'rant' element of his reviews, it is also an excuse to use language in a creative and entertaining way. Perhaps you could abandon the deadline of weekly and write when you feel like it. {Apologies to Shakespeare}
Andrew.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:48 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Don't be disheartened, Dave. We all get a bloodrush sometimes. Just as well I'm a slow typer, I may well have dug holes! It's a good thing to "Keep it clean" though, as the world is watching.
I know that you would never intentionally offend any of us, you're too nice of a bloke. And you have made me laugh, & that is a good thing!
You can still rant in 'off topic' (please) as it occurs to you.
Look after those Wasp hubbies!
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
redback wrote:
I would not know anyone from this forum if I walked past them on the street - saying that I would have no problem opening my home to them if they dropped into Darwin and say "Welcome Mate."

Same story here. Visiting Canberra? We have spare room. Come. Stay. Bring Bellett! :D
Hmmm, Darwin trip. Hmmm.......
Cheers.

Sat May 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Car(s): 1967 Isuzu Bellett GT, 1969 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe sedan
Not that I get the time to jump on to the forum much... I gotta say I really enjoyed Dave's Rant. Bring back Dave's Rant. Though I have the inclination that due to my random logging-in, I possibly didn't see the offending rant, so I mightn't be full-bottle on the situation - I apologise...

I agree with the sentiments expressed above - I definitely reckon Dave's got talent in this area, and it would be a pity to see it go to waste. Hopefully we'll see a new incarnation of the Rant (as per AJ's suggestions above) when things have died down a little.

Hold that thought - what about a new weekly TV show: "Dave's Got Talent". Anyone in Australia named Dave can enter. I'd tune in and vote...!

Thu May 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Haha thanks for your support.

Perhaps I can re-invent the rant at another time.

However, given I bought a new, fast, awesome scanner a couple of months ago, I should keep populating the brochure area as I still have plenty to go! I can rant there for the time being!

As for the TV show.... me, David Hasselhoff and David Spade? I think there could be development issues there. Unless we can have the KITT car. That would be awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]