View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
All Isuzu Charity Xmas Cruise *Pics Up!* 

Car(s): 3 Gemini Sedans, Gemini Coupe, Gemini Wagon
Hey guys, just joined the forum to give you Bellet boys a heads up.

My name's Ethan, a Gemini and Isuzu enthusiast here in SA. Anyone who was at AJP this year might have seen me floating around Dave and the boys while we were all there. I'm also fairly well known in the local Gemini scene, having met up with most of the regulars like Antus, Tunney, Pete (MR ZZZ), Eli, and of course Dave on a number of occasions.

So since christmas is coming the idea came up on our own local forums to organize a charity cruise, where we each bring a little something to donate to FamilesSA or the Salvos for the kids that won't be getting anything on christmas day.

Since usually our Gemini cruises tend to be pretty small (between 5-10 cars at most) I had a thought that as this would be for a good cause, we should all band together under the Isuzu owners flag and cruise together! I'm also contacting the Piazza guys to see if they're interested.

At this point we're thinking a Barossa run would be a good idea, starting at Adelaide oval, up Gorge and possibly Chain of Ponds to Gumi, Birdwood, Eden Valley, Past Mount McKenzie, through Angaston and finishing at Nurioopta.

I've noticed that you guys are planning a Christmas cruise of your own, so if anyone wants to go to both I can organize ours so that it doesn't interfere with any other planned events, as we haven't set a date for this one yet.

Anyway, more details as they come can be found here: http://www.gemisa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2517

Cheers,
Ethan

Last edited by Hachikansai77 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Hey Ethan,

Welcome to the forum! A lot of Bellett enthusiasts have owned Gemini's in the past or in my case do still own Gemini's as well as Belletts.

Thanks for keeping us in mind for a combined Isuzu cruise and I for one would like to come along. Sounds like your cruise will be for a good cause too and I'd be more than happy to make a donation.

Keep us posted for dates/times as we may not check Gemi SA for updates.

Cheers,
2ldohc

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:20 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Yeah man I'd be into that, time permitting!

The Bellett cruise is this weekend, so that's a bit close to change around, but I'm sure many of the Bellett/Isuzu people would be keen to go on another cruise. Just so long as it doesn't end with burnouts and defects at Pelican Point! Hmm, those days are a distant memory. It was cool, but once it started being defect central it ceased to be cool!

I'm sure finishing at Nuri it will be a cool, calm and collected cruise of enthusiasts, rather than a tyre-tearing blast into defectsville!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:30 am
Profile WWW

Agreed there, I run cruises to get together with like minded enthusiasts and drive some nice roads, not rip skids like a bogan in a VN.

I have a strict no BS policy on my events, any fooling around and I give a warning, anything beyond that and I take down number plates. So far I haven't had to enforce that, which is nice considering some Gem drivers are younger and probably more daring at times, (mind you I shouldn't use the word younger, I'm only 19 myself :lol: )

At this point we're thinking the 11th or 12th of December, far enough away to give everyone time to organize, but not too close to C-day.
Depending on the weather a midday gathering at around 11:30am would probably be the go, going into the arvo as it takes just over an hour of driving in total, then adding stop offs etc...
Anyone is welcome of course. Family, friends and kids are free to join in. One guy is taking his missus and bub in his 2 door Gem which I think is awesome.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
11th would be a possibility for me! :twisted:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Now, this is a sick idea, Hachikansai. It's probably impossible to commit everyone this time of year with Xmas just around the corner. I'd be in it, bells and whisltes, balls and all. But I've got too much happening this weekend. For all those who can do it, go for it. When a date and time is set, I might be able to meet somewhere and join in for a while. Weather is shaping up peeerrrfect also.

Unite Isuzu brethren, for a great cause.

B.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Cheers GTtoo.

So the official details are:

Saturday the 11th of December,
11:00am meet at Adelaide oval (southern carpark area, marked in red in pic below) for an 11:30am departure. Major stop at Birdwood and finishing at the 'train park' in Nuriootpa.

** Please remember to bring a toy for a disadvantaged girl or boy to be donated to FamiliesSA for christmas :) **

BURNOUTS AND RECKLESS DRIVING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Cruise route and maps will be handed out on the day, thanks to "Pavlos" who is part organizing the event with me.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hey dude, I've got a wedding on so I'll have to bail on this one, but yeah hopefully you all have a good one.

Cheers,

Dave

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 am
Profile WWW

That's cool Dave, we still had 7 cars which is a really good turnout for us. Would probably have been more if we had given more notice, but was still an awesome day.

The TD was misfiring and running like a dog the whole morning as I headed down to the oval, but as if like magic, the moment I got into the city the car got up to temp and came good. It stayed that way right up until the cruise finished at Eden Valley and then subsequently got so bad that I had to be towed by the black Coupe to the Gemini central yard in Gumi. After a rummage I found the cause of the miss was the HT connections inside the coil and dizzy cap; they were chockers with powdery crud! Cleaned that out and old Dezza is running better than ever. Plus my Odometer now reads 99600km; 400km before tick over and the point that I want to take it off the road for it's major overhaul, so this cruise was pretty much the last hurrah for it in it's current state.

Everyone was very well behaved as well, which is always nice. It was good to meet some new faces, and a couple of old ones too :D

Well, anyway here we go, we were also lucky to have a really nice diversity of different models:

Cheers,
Ethan

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Cheers dude,

Looked like it was a bit wet too. Great line up anyway. If you can pin a date on it, I'm sure some Bellettiers, myself included, will pencil it in for next year.

B.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Well done.
Nice pictures.
Very glad to hear everyone behaved like enthusiasts rather than !!??
Hopefully will be the start of a few more interactive events.

Cheers
Rob

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Good to see you got a few cars out! Good to see Ant's car out again after a bit of a winter hibernation!

And a TE-fronted coupe I haven't spied locally before.

Cheers,

Dave

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 am
Profile WWW

Hey guys,

So we're looking at holding this event again for 2011, as it went really well last year with whole charity thing behind it. The date will be on Sunday the 11th of December.

I've invited a friend and Piazza owner to tag along this time around, but unfortunately I won't know if he'll be joining us until closer to the date. So far we've got at least 5 Gem owners including myself in the wagon, and for a little modern Isuzu Luv, my good friend Pete in his brand new D-Max will be joining us as well!

As the organiser I'd be honored to have some Belletts join us and round out the field.

Meeting point will be at the Bunnings carpark on North East Road, just south of the Sudoltz Road intersection. The basic route will go up Chain of Ponds, through Gumi to Birdwood, where we'll stop for lunch/photos, have a look around the museum for a while if we so wish. Then we'll take a nice leisurely cruise down through Lobethal and Norton Summit to finish on Magill Road.

More info can be found here as it comes: http://www.gemisa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3244

Also, if you are attending, remember to bring along a toy or similar to donate to our charity of Families SA :)

Thanks,
Ethan

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Hiya Ethan,

I was just talking to GToo yesterday and we thought we should throw together a pre-xmas Bellett cruise... and 11 December was the date we were thinking.

Perhaps we can meet up along the way. We've done the Birdwood National Motor Museum before and have cruised south and north... we can't do west (too wet) although we were thinking maybe Mannum way or something.

Anyway, we'll get organised!

Will let you know.

Cheers,

Dave

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, amazing coincidence that is!

Well, the museum was pretty well recieved as the major stop point last year, and with Cary Young's Piazza being donated to the collection recently, it'll be a bit of a highlight to actually go see it before making our way back down again.

Perhaps a gathering at a reasonably central location would be good then? Would still be a great opportunity to get some nice group photos and everything. Not sure how some of the city boys would feel taking their Gems as far as Mannum (I for one don't mind at all :D ), but once you've got a good idea of where you'll be and when, I'm sure we can work something out ;)

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
The 11th.... I might be able to make a surprise visit. Some body save me a seat.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

Hey dudes,

I've started a new thread for the 2011 Xmas Bellett cruise scheduled for 11 December.

Check it out at:

http://www.bellett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1669

We should be able to meet up after we've all done lunch for some photos or what-have-you.

Check it out!

Dave

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]