View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Winter Cruise!!! Should we do a cruise in August???? 

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
sounds good oz when do we start ripping into it? or should i offer my shed to look after it in? lol! do it you know you want to!
agreed thouhg dont matter what it is you get out in as long as it gets out! (looks at self while typing this!)
although i do think there are more gt belletts down here than sedans!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:30 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
yes i agree. the focus for so long was the Bellett GT being the marque and sedans got forgotten in the rush.
in fact not unlike the Florian sedan is to the 117 Coupe!

may well be a good part of why i focused more on my sedans than the GT sitting in the shed. not that i would have sold it without getting another to replace it first. because once its sold, you may not get one again in a long while!

GT's were changing hands 20 years ago for 1500 od dollars each and yet i really only hung onto 2 of them but bought and sold many sedans and Florian's as well.

the body style that most interests me is Glenn's 1600 sports and the Fastback 1600.

i would spend upwards of 20K to get a good Fastback with papers back here to AUS.

but i still enjoy the driving of the sedans and no reason why you cant get one to go really quite well with very little change from the original engine bay appearance. i think i will be doing a number of good basic engine re-builds in the next few years once the housing drama is over and i still enjoy getting my hand dirty. then i have the next 10 plus years of just the basic general maintenance to keep cars on the road.

the biggest issue with more cars is the more work to keep them running well. but at least i have a good amount of extra bits which i hordered for the last 30 years stockpiled in my shed. should have kept more but there it is!

and then there is the balance with work, cars and family. not always the easiest thing to get right but you have to try.

maybe a Hillclimb car or something like that one day as well....

i hear it doesnt have to cost that much either.

OZ

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
So out there Dave M.

B. 8-)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3