View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Tanunda Rod Show street party - Saturday 17/01/09 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

The awesome Tanunda Rod Show street party is on Saturday 17/01/09; in a week and a half, in other words.

I'll probably cruise up the ratBellett as it's the only one that both goes, stops and is registered at the moment.

A couple of years ago 2LDOHC Ross and Antus came along, but the weather had been crumby all day so we got there at 5pm and got a park easily.

However last year it was a warm day and I went with another mate and we left at the same time.... and didn't get a park in the main street. I put my wheelcovers on for nothing!

So this year I'm aiming to leave home about 2:30-3pm depending on if I can be arsed. In the past it has been free, but according to a website I found, it'll be $5.00/car and is strictly pre-1970 vehicles, customs, hot rods and American classics - they say 'No restored vehicles or non customs'. I dunno where that leaves some of the cars... coz an American classic, fully restored with hubcaps etc isn't likely to be turned away.

Anyway, I'm gonna cruise up in the ratBellett and see if they let me park it. They've let the Bellett GT in before... it was the only Japanese car there mind you.

Lemme know if you wanna come up for the cruise!

More detailed info at:

http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/cruisin-events-sa2009.html

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:31 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I thought I should put some pics up of some shows I've been to, so here's some pics from the Tanunda Rod Show back in January.

It's normally a pretty good night; the cars line the street which is closed off and they have a couple of bands playing (one at each end of the street!). I came up a couple of years ago in my Bellett GT after I'd spoke to the organiser through work, but this time the guy on the gate was less receptive to my Japanese Classic!

Granted the car was filthy because Ross's POS Navman told us to go down some dirt roads, along with suggesting a road that hasn't existed since about 1949. I rally-crossed the ratter Bellett on 20yo chalky retreads that have been sitting on Ross's car while it was laid up for the last 10 years, and surprisingly, we made it! But the guy took one look at it and told us it didn't fit the credentials. The rules were "pre-1970, American, rods, customs" or something along those lines. So I said, "it's pre-1970s!" and he told me it was not American! It wasn't pre-1970 AND American! There was a stack of classic Aussie cars in there, as well as a few Brit cars as well like Cortina and a Zephyr! Why no Belletts!??!?! Granted, the cars were mostly all really nice streeters, so the ratter would have looked a bit out of place.

So we didn't get let in, but we still checked out what cars were around. I didn't take many photos, but here are a few of interest.

Check out this Isuzu!! Chevrolet LUV with what would appear to be proper Chevy power!
Attachment:
Chevrolet LUV with huge motor and fats - 01.JPG
Chevrolet LUV with huge motor and fats - 01.JPG [ 87.53 KiB | Viewed 5035 times ]

Attachment:
Chevrolet LUV with huge motor and fats - 03.JPG
Chevrolet LUV with huge motor and fats - 03.JPG [ 80.33 KiB | Viewed 5034 times ]

Those Gemini tail lights were a nice touch!

This rod was classic! I don't like those ultra-smooth street rods. This is what rods are about!
Attachment:
1932 Ford nostalgia rod.JPG
1932 Ford nostalgia rod.JPG [ 105.03 KiB | Viewed 5034 times ]

This Dodge Sierra wagon was so cool.
Attachment:
Dodge Belvedere wagon.JPG
Dodge Belvedere wagon.JPG [ 135.14 KiB | Viewed 5034 times ]

This International truck was a weird piece of work!
Attachment:
International rod truck.JPG
International rod truck.JPG [ 97.67 KiB | Viewed 5029 times ]

This HB Torana was a really nice thing. For the uninitiated, this HB Torana (similar to a HB Vauxhall Viva) has had a later-model six-cylinder LC Torana front grafted onto it. Structurally they were similar, but the LC had a longer wheelbase to accommodate a six, so that's been done to this as well. It looks pretty mean!
Attachment:
Holden HB Torana with LC Torana front and cop stocks - 01.JPG
Holden HB Torana with LC Torana front and cop stocks - 01.JPG [ 100.45 KiB | Viewed 5031 times ]

Attachment:
Holden HB Torana with LC Torana front and cop stocks - 02.JPG
Holden HB Torana with LC Torana front and cop stocks - 02.JPG [ 95.44 KiB | Viewed 5028 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]