View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Old Skool New Age Show - short notice!! Saturday 28/03/09!! 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi Guys,

I was meaning to post this for AGES and kept forgetting.

Now the show is almost upon us!

I'm keen to put my Wasp in it; it's alleged to be a pretty good show with a really broad mix of vehicles from hotties to original/restored to bikes and boats as well!

Hell, even if the Wasp is not ready, I'll shoot down in the ratter.

I rang the organisers and they've still got room. They said just fill in a form and bring it on the day.

http://www.offyarockerpromo.com/Attachments/Entrant_Form_09.pdf

Is anyone else keen for this one? I've got a mate with a Desoto and a BMW 2002 and he and his wife are entering and going to try to get best display. I'm keen to park near them, but I'm sure as hell not making a display! I'll just bring a couple of chairs, and esky and watch them work (or help a little bit).

But it would be good to be there with a cluster of Belletts!

The event is on at Bice Oval, Christies Beach so it's fairly well south.

Cheers,

Dave
PS - please note this show is on a SATURDAY not a Sunday! Strange but true!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I'm meeting my mate Darren in his BMW 2002 at 7:30am at the McDonalds carpark cnr Beach Road and Dyson Road.

Wasp is fixed! Woo!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:37 pm
Profile WWW

I went to the Old Skool New Age show down at Christies Beach on the weekend. It was great that the Wasp was ready in time; awesome work by All Clutch and Brake (or is that All Brake and Clutch? I dunno).

The Wasp! Now with brakes!

Attachment:
Isuzu Wasp - 01.JPG
Isuzu Wasp - 01.JPG [ 107.38 KiB | Viewed 6320 times ]

Attachment:
Isuzu Wasp - 02.JPG
Isuzu Wasp - 02.JPG [ 139.87 KiB | Viewed 6321 times ]

I hung out with Darren and Brooke who have a tidy 1969 BMW 2002. Nice looking little car with some nice period accessories. Take the LEED!
Attachment:
BMW 2002 - Darren & Brookes with a picnic display - 01.JPG
BMW 2002 - Darren & Brookes with a picnic display - 01.JPG [ 148.43 KiB | Viewed 6321 times ]

We should start with Jap stuff!

These little Datsun 1600s were good.
Attachment:
Datsun 1600 sedans next to each other.jpg
Datsun 1600 sedans next to each other.jpg [ 109.06 KiB | Viewed 6319 times ]

Attachment:
Datsun 1600 sedan - orange - 02.JPG
Datsun 1600 sedan - orange - 02.JPG [ 143.29 KiB | Viewed 6318 times ]

Classic Mazdas made a showing which is good.
Attachment:
Mazda RX4 coupe - 02.JPG
Mazda RX4 coupe - 02.JPG [ 102.14 KiB | Viewed 6318 times ]

Attachment:
Mazda 808 wagon with Capella front, RX7 brakes, Skyline wheels and monster motor - 01.JPG
Mazda 808 wagon with Capella front, RX7 brakes, Skyline wheels and monster motor - 01.JPG [ 131 KiB | Viewed 6316 times ]

This Landcruiser was just off chops. It had a massive motor (400ci Chev, I think), restored interior and engine bay, monster suspension and just STACKS of ATTITUDE. I asked the owner about the tennis balls; apparently they help make it a smoother ride in town, but you've got to use good quality stuff. This has got $150 worth of tennis balls in it!
Attachment:
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - with V8 and massive suspension - 01.JPG
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - with V8 and massive suspension - 01.JPG [ 111.46 KiB | Viewed 6316 times ]

Attachment:
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - with V8 and massive suspension - 05 - with tennis balls in rear springs.JPG
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - with V8 and massive suspension - 05 - with tennis balls in rear springs.JPG [ 125.02 KiB | Viewed 6317 times ]

I get bored with grey imports, but grey import sedans still excite me! This Toyota Crown-looking thing was nice and low.
Attachment:
Toyota Crown.JPG
Toyota Crown.JPG [ 133.47 KiB | Viewed 6316 times ]

How's this? Unfortunately this fairly rare Toyota Corolla Sprinter has been made into a fairly hefty looking drag car, but good on 'em for thinking of something different. And the weight would be pretty low...
Attachment:
Toyota Corolla Sprinter GT drag car with monster V8 - 01.JPG
Toyota Corolla Sprinter GT drag car with monster V8 - 01.JPG [ 153.42 KiB | Viewed 6316 times ]

Attachment:
Toyota Corolla Sprinter GT drag car with monster V8 - 02.jpg
Toyota Corolla Sprinter GT drag car with monster V8 - 02.jpg [ 118.94 KiB | Viewed 6314 times ]

This is an Australian-built Nissan Skyline SVD Silhouette GTS. None of the Aussie-spec Skylines got a turbo (Holden had exclusive licence to sell the RB30 turbo motor in the VL-model Commodore), but this one copped a big cam and some re-tuning and was renown for being a really good handler. Looks like this one might have copped a power upgrade in the form of a grey-import RB25 twin-cam turbo engine.

I generally hate white mags, but they look good on a red car, that's for sure.
Attachment:
Nissan Special Vehicles Division Skyline Silhouette GTS with RB25DT motor.JPG
Nissan Special Vehicles Division Skyline Silhouette GTS with RB25DT motor.JPG [ 124.83 KiB | Viewed 6313 times ]

Finishing on the Australian-built, Australian-spec, Australian-developed classic Nissan Skyline seems like a good time to go to the Aussie cars I cared to photograph.

This bagged Holden-Special Vehicles (HSV) Grange rolled onto the grass with that stance!
Attachment:
HSV WH Grange with airbags - 02.JPG
HSV WH Grange with airbags - 02.JPG [ 132.09 KiB | Viewed 6310 times ]

This HR-model Holden panelvan was a really nice mild custom. Lowered suspension with luxury Holden Premier options like the wheel trims, rear spats and over-riders. Those wide-whitewalls are pretty cool too.
Attachment:
Holden HR panelvan.JPG
Holden HR panelvan.JPG [ 125.59 KiB | Viewed 6312 times ]

One of my first loves was the early Holden Sandman panelvan. Although introduced as an option on the HQ, the Sandman really hit it's stride by the HX model (ignore the filename; I had a brainfart) with a massive, lairy stripe package, along with Monaro GTS wheels, GTS mirrors, GTS dashboard, bucket seats, floor shift and normally a front spoiler that seems to be missing from this example. If you owned one of these, it would have to be a mega bright colour like this. Not for shrinking violets!
Attachment:
Holden HJ Sandman panelvan - 03.JPG
Holden HJ Sandman panelvan - 03.JPG [ 102.65 KiB | Viewed 6310 times ]

Attachment:
Holden HJ Sandman panelvan - 02.JPG
Holden HJ Sandman panelvan - 02.JPG [ 112.88 KiB | Viewed 6309 times ]

This Ford Falcon ex-Ambulance was just so daggy, it was therefore ultra, ultra cool! I don't remember the last time I saw one of these going around and I don't think they saw service as ambos here in Adelaide. They just don't make especially converted vehicles like this any more. And they never made them with 20" wheels! That purple shag pile is a winner!
Attachment:
Ford XF Falcon ex-ambulance with 20in wheels and green shag pile carpet - 01.JPG
Ford XF Falcon ex-ambulance with 20in wheels and green shag pile carpet - 01.JPG [ 107.57 KiB | Viewed 6308 times ]

Attachment:
Ford XF Falcon ex-ambulance with 20in wheels and green shag pile carpet - 02.JPG
Ford XF Falcon ex-ambulance with 20in wheels and green shag pile carpet - 02.JPG [ 101.57 KiB | Viewed 6308 times ]

Here's a pair of Ford TC Cortinas, known as the Mark III model in the UK, I'm pretty sure. These are both 6-cylinder versions if the necessary bonnet bulges are anything to go by.
Attachment:
Ford TC Cortina 250 sedans.jpg
Ford TC Cortina 250 sedans.jpg [ 123.96 KiB | Viewed 6308 times ]

Perhaps I should have put this Mazda-built Ford Courier with the Japanese cars, but they're built in Thailand so it's a bet each way. How are those 24" wheels? They're the only reason I thought I should take a photo of this.
Attachment:
Ford Courier with 305-35 R24s - 01.jpg
Ford Courier with 305-35 R24s - 01.jpg [ 113.94 KiB | Viewed 6309 times ]

There were, of course, a stack of American cars, but here were two of my favourites.

This Buick Riviera with huge alloys was just really, really cool.
Attachment:
Buick Riviera - 02.JPG
Buick Riviera - 02.JPG [ 113.91 KiB | Viewed 6307 times ]

I don't know what it was about this GMC truck, but it was just nice and low, smooth and had deceptively deep wheels. That tray was also deceptively long!
Attachment:
GMC truck - 02.JPG
GMC truck - 02.JPG [ 128.22 KiB | Viewed 6307 times ]

Attachment:
GMC truck - 01.JPG
GMC truck - 01.JPG [ 138.2 KiB | Viewed 6305 times ]

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
That is some top snapping Dave. Love those 20's on the Ambo!!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]