View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
After the event Cavalcade of transport @ Yarra glen 15/05/11 

Car(s): 1968 bellett 1600gt
Just a note to say thank you to all who turned up to the Cavalcade of transport event at yarra Glen last week.
Special mention to Gavin Porthouse who drove his Bellett sedan from Wallen to Bunnings Bayswater where were meeting up to drive in convoy to the meet.He spent 15 minutes talking to everyone, then had to go to work in Tullamarine. Jumped in the car , headed west while we all headed east. Thanks again Gavin.
Brett Wilde led us off in his Wasp. The man has a decent right foot as he got any cobwebs out of his ute and our cars on the way there.
Got to Yarra Glen and what a turnout. Every car you would like to see was there. Very impressive. Thanks to Greg Lawrence for putting us onto the event. We had 5 G.Ts and the unique Wasp parked side by side. Steve Thompson stayed with the cars while the rest ou us had a wander.On returning he said that we were a hit . Lots of queries and lots of photos of the cars.
Thank you to all those who turned up, and especially those with the cars and i hope you enjoyed the day as much as Ann and I did.
Regards
Ben Barker :D

Sun May 22, 2011 10:54 am

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Hi Ben, We met back in the 90, at a national meet. I think it may have been in Canberra. Brett was a keen young bloke who had a great passion for Belletts. His passon has passed beond. I recall your Bellett was the BEST original example of what ISUZU produced and you have maintained it to perfection.
Regards Geoff

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 am

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Brett, I know you have many things in progress, Though, what about the ultimate, a 3.5 litre V6 DOHC in the Wasp ??

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 am

geoff.... i guess "ultimate" is a matter of personal taste mate. one might think a perfectly resto'd Wasp with all original stuff is awesome, while others want to see a highly modified one with mega power and the rest....

me personally, while i really can appreciate a fully resto'd car of any kind and how much work goes into the job, i think they all can do with a few changes to make them a bit "nicer" in today's world, but whilst ALWAYS being mindfull of what the car was supposed to be.... hence the carb'd G200W twin cam in my Wasp.

but.... i like to see something that's just soooooo crazy ridiculous that it's funny too.... hence my "new" Wasp that's in the stages of "parts accumulation" at the moment.
letting the cat out of the bag a bit here, as it's really too far gone to be used as a road car (long story), but too good to throw away, it'll be done for a laugh and styled like the old-skool "gasser" drag racing cars of the 60's and 70's. i've already got the running gear in the shed for it.... holden 308 V8, auto, etc.... and my cousin and a few mates are helping out with the old style parts to go further with it.... like the 6/71 blower, skinny crossply front runner tyres and the much, much bigger rears, old-skool gauges.... u get the idea.
should be a hoot and a half when i fire it up, straight out pipes and all!!

stay tuned!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]