View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
classic japan car show. nov 20! 

finally...! after years of watching other states enjoy a classic jap day while we miss out, and after the mess that came of trying to do one years ago, Melbourne finally has a classic jap day too! organised by the Toyota car club and being held in Fairfield on Nov 20, it's open to any Japanese car built before 1986. this is something we Victorian Bellett owners MUST support and i know we can be there in force! I'll post more info and the event flyer later when i have better forum access (I'm on my phone doing this atm...). Cheers and let me know if you're interested asap!

*edit:
here's the event flyer.
looks like it'll be an awesome day of old skool jap tin and the proceeds are going to a very worthy cause, especially for us Bellett-heads in the last year.....
Attachment:
Classic Japan.jpg
Classic Japan.jpg [ 707.84 KiB | Viewed 26619 times ]

again, contact yours truly about any info and let's get those Belletts and Wasp out there!!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:40 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Great to hear, they are fantastic days with all sorts of metal, We had 14 Belletts and Wasps, at the week end, and what a turn out complete with a few laps at Lakeside, and three of our cars winning trophies, not sure haow many cars there for the day but would be in the 100's
The friendships and comraderies formed are fantastic, and the hilites of the year is Bellett.net nationals, and the Jap nationals.

Best of luck with your Jap Day, hope you get support. :)

Regard Geoff.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
STILL WAITING FOR A NSW VERSION.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:12 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
We will be making the big effort to be there .gricey

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 am

ok i've contacted the organisers and have spoken directly to the pres of the Toyota club. they're wrapped to have some Bellett's and a Wasp there! the only thing they have asked is that as this is a new event and is really a 'toe in the water' exercise they have arranged parking space for a max of 80 cars... so that means they will be restricting how many of each make is there so a great variety is on show. therefore they have asked if i can organise the Bellett and Wasp group so if you'd like to be in the same area as us PLEASE advise me that you wish to go. obviously they want as many people there as possible so even if you can't bring a car please come along and support the event as we all want it to be bigger and better next year and each year after, cheers!

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:47 am

1968GT wrote:
STILL WAITING FOR A NSW VERSION.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1613
i think your wait is over dave!!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:57 am

ok all....

so far we have:
myself (PR91) and Naomi (Nomie) with the GT and the Wasp.
Barry and his GT.
Ben (bennyb) and his GT.
Gricey's (gricey) with one from their collection!
big Steve (BELLETT69) and his sedan.
Peter (bellett66) and his sedan.
and another Peter (goldy) with his GT.
is there anyone else I've missed...? please let me know ASAP if you're comming along.

we'll be meeting at a local spot to group up in the hope of getting us all in before the 80 maximum is reached (which i reckon will happen!) and i'll let those attending know where very soon.

pics will be got and loaded after too!
cheers.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
We are coming too....................... in our Teardrop.
Kerry

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:18 am

thanks Kerry.
added!

i'll email u.

cheers.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Gricey is now in the building.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:08 am

Typical it's raining. Gricey

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:13 am

gricey wrote:
Gricey is now in the building.

Hey Gricedy is that the BIG BUILDING in Melbourne or WHAT :?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 am

Yep.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:08 am

Come on where are all the pics :?: :?:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
i seen some pics already looked like a good day, and thee belletts and wasp looked good!
for those on facebook look here for some pics from the day..... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 904&type=1

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:13 am

keep your shirt on! :) the pics are coming when i get 5 to upload them. and yep was an awesome day with 5 GT's 3 sedans and the Wasp amongst the 140 or so cars into the event before the gates closed, let alone the 50 odd cars that we're in the carpark as well. and there was everything there too. stay tuned!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Great people ,cars and weather...............................
Plenty of pics here...........https://picasaweb.google.com/1134328899 ... PYIghqtUPw
KB

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:56 am

Car(s): Celica, Charade, VW Type 3
Hi all

I was one of the organisers of last Sunday's Classic Japan show and I just wanted to jump on and thank you all for attending and supporting our event. It was an awesome turn out from your group and really added something special to the show. I think you opened quite a few eyes too, as I overheard more than one person saying they never realised there were so many cool old Isuzu's out there!

That said, the same could be said for the Mighty Boy contingent!

We are planning on doing the event again at a similar time next year. We will be looking for a venue that can hold some more cars, and has a better parking arrangement, as we have alraedy reached capacity there, and as much as we would like to stay, I think we are borderline on what Parks Victoria considers is an appropriate use of their grounds.

Who would have thought we would be getting sunburnt after the weather on Saturday too?!

Big thanks to Toyota, Shannons and Chroma Canvas for supporting the event, and even bigger thanks to the club members who spent their time BBQ'ing, selling raffle tickets, directing traffic etc etc.

We couldn't have hoped for a better show for a first up effort, so we are stoked.

I tried to get around and take a photo of every car. I think I succeeded, but if I missed you many humble apologies.

Here are a few of my favourites

Cosmo - Awesome!

Loved this Mazda SS - great shape and so clean!

The orange Datsun 1600 was just amazing. So bright, so clean, and not a twin cam turbo engine in sight!

Mmmm carbs

Supercharged Mighty Boy! So glad these two came.. they made my day!

I am with gmonkey.. this was a sweet first gen Civic

This is cool as, makes me want to follow through on my early Hilux ideas....

Ken from Queensland... yes Queensland... drove all the way for our show. How cool is that?

I love a good wagon! And this is a GOOD wagon!

I love this one too.. just cos its mine!

Sooo many Isuzus to choose from, their support was awesome. I love the Wasp!

These guys trailered this down from Ballarat. How cool is it?!

Great to have some Prince's in attendance too

Mmmmm Zed goodness

More Honda awesomeness

One of the wilder cars on show.. and he won the Chroma Canvas raffle!

Honda Life, yes please. And the Suzuki guys thought they would have smallest engines on the day. No such luck!

Love Justin's Crown

Publica Ute

Toyota Century. The fold down passenger seat was cool

I could keep going and going but I won't. All the rest are here!

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws1974/ClassicJapanCarShow2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

If you want to see more photos of the day gripshiftslide.com - Australian Motorsport Car Culture have got some great shots on their facebook page, and Chroma Canvas - Premium Racing Artwork have also put their photos up on their website and facebook page.

Thanks once again for coming, you really helped make it a great day.

Adam

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
To the Guys from the Toyota car club of Australia(Vic)
Very many thanks for a great event, you have done us all proud, and Peggy and myself were rapt to be part of it. Lots of awesome cars to see, keep up the good work, hope to get in invite next year. :D :D :D

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]