View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
One Tree Hill Climb Ararat 19-20 nov 

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Hi guys over the week end of the 19th and 20th of November while a big group Bellett enthusiasts were heading off to the Toyota Club All Japan Show my best mate and I were heading to Ararat for a weekend of Hill Climbing fun.

We arrived on friday afternoon into Ararat as there was an early scrutineering session held in a local park. We actually arrived about half an hour early so we parked the old Bellett in the middle of the park and pooped over to the McDonalds across the road for a quick bite. By the time we came back there was a crowd of people around the car, some seemed to know a lot about the Bellett and then there were all the others who had never seen one but thought it was really cool. We actually had one guy from the U.S who had only been in Australia for a month spot the car at scrutineering while he was on his way home from work. He came over and chatted to me for at least an hour while I told him all about my favoroute subject. He just kept saying this is the most beautiful car I have ever seen, and to my surprise when I turned up to the Hill on saturday morning he was already there with his wife and his camera in the pooring rain waiting for us. I have given him the details of the forum so hopefully he ends up on here and we get another Bellett tragic on the road (I will admit though his wife did not seem to share his enthusiasm :D ).

The actual Hill Climb it self was awesome. It was a public road leading up to a look out just out side of the township. Unfortunately the poor old Bellett did not really suit it as you really needed some big horse power and close gearbox ratios but that certainly did not deter Chris and I from going out and going as fast as we could!!! On the saturday the weather was absolutely terrible it just poored and poored and while a lot of the competitors were not even attempting the hill we were out there in the Bellett having a ball. We were extremely lucky to have been able to borrow an awesome set of tyres from forum member Tomanybelletts (Craig) and at one stage they actually called a special drivers briefing to warn of just how slippery it was but the old Bellett did every thing it was asked and did it with out any problems. On the sunday the sun came out and the field grew a lot as a lot of competitors had not even bothered turning up in the wet.

Over all the week end was a real blast. My best mate to have his first taste at motorsport in a cool car and I got to meet a heap of really nice guys who love racing old cars as much as I do!!

I would like to say a special thanks to Bellett69 (Steve) for letting me borrow his trailer Tomanybelletts (Craig) for the loan of the wheels and tyres along with the long list of parts I have begged borrowed and stolen off him over the past 15years :oops: and for making a special detour on his trip to Rainbow to see how we were going and PR91 (Brett) for all the phone calls and chats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbQp0X-D294

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXehS1my ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJ4h2uNwos

A few piccies from the sunday when the weather fined up

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]