View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Bellett's & Skyline's. Jan 8 2012. 

hi all mexicans.
Jason from the Prince Skyline GT Register (psgtr) has invited us Bellett-heads to a run the boys are doing on Jan 8.
i know we're all meeting up at the "Lilydale Lake" in the morning, and heading south, but i'm yet to discuss finer details with Jason with respect to times, route and destination.
anyway, let me know if you're interested in coming, and let's get out there!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Brett. Can not make it 8th Jan. Please remind me via pm of beech worth meet up you told me about. Gricey

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

will do gricey. that one is Easter. we have the Jap day down here between now and then too.
as for this one on the 8th... I've been trying to get in touch with Jason but haven't had success yet, but this time of year can be a pain as we all know so when i know more I'll pass it on.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:36 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Brett
Count me out - work, unfortunately - should be a good mixture of cars and owners ( I have a foot in both camps) and I am looking forward to taking part if it is held again in future. Maybe a run to Ballarat and a visit to Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally (largest in Southern Hemisphere)
Thanks for putting in the time and effort to try and get something like this happening - I feel like I am letting the side down...
KB

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Work can be such an inconvenience!

Take lots of pics & post 'em Brett - I have to admit that the '60s Skylines are my other dream machines!

Cheers, Matt.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Car(s): bellett gt
Brett what time are they meeting at the lake. Groan I have to work as well however I can drop in on my way to work as I dont start until 1000hrs.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 am

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
KJB wrote:
Brett
Count me out - work, unfortunately - should be a good mixture of cars and owners ( I have a foot in both camps) and I am looking forward to taking part if it is held again in future. Maybe a run to Ballarat and a visit to Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally (largest in Southern Hemisphere)
Thanks for putting in the time and effort to try and get something like this happening - I feel like I am letting the side down...
KB

goldy wrote:
Brett what time are they meeting at the lake. Groan I have to work as well however I can drop in on my way to work as I dont start until 1000hrs.

Well worth a day off work i reckon....cough cough!!!

I have just sent an email out to the rest of the Victorian Prince Mafia and to Brett, so i may as well post the details here also - hope that is ok?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:28 am

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
Brett and i keep missing each other via telephone....Quite literally just that time of the year!!!!. Christmas and New Years is over, and i have just sent this email to the Prince Mafia and Brett also...

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the Bellett's and Prince GT's out on the road together!!!! Hope to see some of you there!!

Email to the Victorian Prince Register members:

G’day all,

We are having an informal drive day on Sunday January 8th 2012 for those who are interested. Thought is that we would start at Lilydale Lake then drive to Warragul followed by Korumburra (the back way through Launching Place, Yarra Junction, Powelltown etc).

After speaking with Brett Wild and a few of the other Bellett people at the recent Classic Japanese Day in November we thought we do a few joint social get togethers and drives for those interested. The Bellett guys are as enthusiastic as the Prince Mafia and just want to get out and drive their cars, so here is the first opportunity for it to happen.

We will be meeting at the Main Carpark at Lilydale Lake at 07:30 for a 07:45 departure leave time for a road trip to Warragul and then on to Korumburra.

Suggested Agenda:

1. Leave Lilydale Lake at 07:45 driving through the back way (via Launching Place) to Warragul to briefly say g’day and introduce ourselves to the ‘Gippsland Sporting & Classic Car Register’ http://sportingregister.wordpress.com/ who have a ‘Breakfast Club’ on the second Sunday of each Monday in Warragul CBD and this day is being advertised as the official launch of the GSCCR (launch of the new club). This was listed in last weeks Herald-Sun Cars Guide ‘What’s On’ section and more information can be found here: http://sportingregister.wordpress.com/whats-on-2/ . I don’t think anyone knows anyone in the group, but it is open to all enthusiasts & visitors, and I’m sure the club would appreciate a group of Prince GT’s and Bellett’s rocking up. The GSCCR is an ‘all-makes’ group so there will be something there for everyone. Please note, it is an early start from Lilydale to allow for the visit to the GSCCR’s Breakfast Club which runs from about 8:00 – 10:00am. We should be there by about 9:00am.

2. From here, and for those that want to, we can continue down to Korumburra for their annual January Swap Meet: http://swapmeets.wordpress.com/tag/koru ... -vic-2012/ which normally has a couple of hundred swap meet sites which may be of interest! Here is a brief review of what to expect (from prior years): http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopi ... 19&start=0 .

3. From here we could go and have a look around and a bite to eat or coffee at Coal Creek Village in Korumburra : http://www.coalcreekvillage.com.au/

** I don’t envisage it being an all day trip – it can be for as long as you can make it. For those that might only be able to make part of the drive, we still welcome you – even if it is a quick squirt to Warragul and back. The purpose of this is to get some like-minded enthusiasts out together. I’m sure we can also find some photo opportunities along the way.

Mmmm…some nice pic’s of Bellett’s and Prince’s together would be good. Bring your cameras

Unsure of numbers at this stage, but I can confirm that there will be at least 5 Prince GT’s in attendance. It is a busy time of the year, and many people are away on holidays, but even if it is just a handful of people and their cars, all the better.

Prince Skyline GT Register & Isuzu Bellett Drive Day
Date : Sunday 8 January 2012
Time : 07:30 (for a 7:45 departure)
Meet at:
Main Car Park (Lilydale Lake Road) off Swansea Road
Lilydale Lake

Cheers,

Jason Quigg

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:41 am

many thanks for all the info Jase.
for those interested I'll be at the meeting point for the start but unfortunately can't go on the run itself, so come out and say 'hi' as well!

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

many thanks to jason and the boys for catching up at the meeting point.
myself in the GT and craig in the rally sedan came out to say hi, and the prince boys had 4 skyline GT's, a 300zx and a very clean XW GS falcon come along.
unfortunately, i had prior arrangements for that day, as did craig, so the prince boys went it alone from there.

how'd the day go jase?

oh.... and i didn't get any pics either....

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]