View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
*Not an event* VicRoads Club Plate changes. 

Hi all.
Thought the Vic section was the best place for Vic updates, even tho this isn't an event as such.

VicRoads are doing sweeping changes to the use and accessibility to the Club Plate Scheme (CPS).
This has been brought about by alot of concern over misuse of the system with people abusing it as a source of "cheap rego for old cars", cars that clearly shouldn't be on the system due to safety, roadworthy and/or modifications, and the explosion of numbers now using the system but doing so via loopholes.

When all this is made official, I'll detail what's what, but for now, it seems we who have cars CPS'd thru the BCCV are safe, as the changes being introduced are already things we require at our own club level ie: full roadworthy certificate for the car before it goes on the scheme, photos for records of what's what with the car, close to original spec if possible (small mods sometimes cant be avoided, but things like blown Chev V8's in early model Holden's are a no no.....) etc, so I can't see anything of concern for us.

I'll keep you posted.
Cheers.

Tue May 27, 2014 3:12 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
Hi all.
Thought the Vic section was the best place for Vic updates, even tho this isn't an event as such.

VicRoads are doing sweeping changes to the use and accessibility to the Club Plate Scheme (CPS).
This has been brought about by alot of concern over misuse of the system with people abusing it as a source of "cheap rego for old cars", cars that clearly shouldn't be on the system due to safety, roadworthy and/or modifications, and the explosion of numbers now using the system but doing so via loopholes.

When all this is made official, I'll detail what's what, but for now, it seems we who have cars CPS'd thru the BCCV are safe, as the changes being introduced are already things we require at our own club level ie: full roadworthy certificate for the car before it goes on the scheme, photos for records of what's what with the car, close to original spec if possible (small mods sometimes cant be avoided, but things like blown Chev V8's in early model Holden's are a no no.....) etc, so I can't see anything of concern for us.

I'll keep you posted.
Cheers.

It was probably inevitable that they would start to question the current system. The number of "historic" cars with totally out there engine swaps was probably the biggest trigger I would think.
There seemingly has been an explosion in the number of cars going on the system judging by the plate numbers being well over 30,000 already.
Its good that BCCV has 'foreseen' this to some extent by doing the right thing with our own BCCV permit cars.

Tue May 27, 2014 7:53 am
Profile WWW

Today (28/8), the BCCV has been officially notified by VicRoads of the changes to the CPS.
As predicted, most don't effect the club or its members, but these changes are being reviewed as I write this by our CPS registrar, Grant, and he'll be including a full report on the matter in the next issue of "Bellettmania".
Cheers.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
Today (28/8), the BCCV has been officially notified by VicRoads of the changes to the CPS.
As predicted, most don't effect the club or its members, but these changes are being reviewed as I write this by our CPS registrar, Grant, and he'll be including a full report on the matter in the next issue of "Bellettmania".
Cheers.

looking forward to hearing the outcome, Brett. Seems vic roads have moved pretty fast on this one.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:10 am
Profile WWW

That's politics for you Glenn.....

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:00 am

PR91 wrote:
That's politics for you Glenn.....

I heard all existing 'suspect' cars will have to get an Engineers report and transition to new "M" plates

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]