View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
AUSTRALIA DAY CARnivale. 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Please refer to my post under Motorfest 2013 for more details. :? :o :roll:
Further posts will be made under this Event Heading. :)
The Event is being held with a new Sponsor and the Event has been renamed with NRMA removing their backing of Australia Day Motorfest in Sydney.

If you wish for entry forms in a different format so you can printout, PLEASE PM me very soon.
Dave M.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
I have posted the letter and Entry Forms, please print out lodge ASAP. :D

As previously stated, entries close at the very latest 9th November :( , earlier if fully subscribed before then.
We would like your support at the Event. ;)

After lodging your entry please let me know, I will confirm with the Organisers and confirm with all entrants.
We have been allocated a very high profile position to celebrate our 50th of the cars!!

Dave M.

Attachments:
Carnivale Registration Letter_L_v06.pdf [135.76 KiB]
Downloaded 869 times
Carnivale Registration Form_SD_v05.pdf [238.73 KiB]
Downloaded 860 times

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Gals and Guys,

We now have 11 cars entered and accepted. :)

Please keep em comin, we are wanting as many as possible, hopefully around the 22 to 26 mark. :roll:
Thank you to those who have lodged their entries, for your support, we are looking OK so far however there is limited space, so the sooner your entries are in the better.

Thank you to all, should be another GREAT DAY OF BELLETTS AND OTHER ISUZU vehicles!! :D
Dave M.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Again,
Update, we now have 16 cars entered, THANK YOU to those of you that have lodged your applications. :D
Lookin good at this time!!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 pm

UPDATE!! :)
Now there are 23 cars registered!

If anyone has any chance of being at CARnivale please register to gain the position, we would still like to have around the 26 car mark. We have a great relationship with the organisers and we will be able to substitute cars should any person with their car not make it at the last minute, OR if we receive anyone asking if they can come at a later date, and they had not registered, we can fit them in.

If you had to trailer your car in that is not a PROBLEM AS LONG WE ADVISE THE ORGANISERS. ;)

I have been going to this Event for the last 17 years, it is a GREAT day!!

Thank you to all who have registered, we are looking good!! :D
Dave M.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Dave. Have registered cheryls gt . And the florian.. Are you going to supply the beer . Xxxx gold. Thanks . Gricey

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 am

We will be having drinks AND EATS after the CARnivale Gricey, NO WORRIES.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Car(s): not enough!
AND i CAN VOUCH...ITS A VERY GOOOD FEED N DRINKS ...WWWOOOHHHOOOOOO
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:21 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
DEVASTATED!!!!

I was looking into making a concerted effort to get to this event; was even thinking of reuniting the Bruce Ruston Wasp with its hometown of Sydney, but I can't make it happen.

The day before Australia Day is the Adelaide Big Day Out... and event I've not missed in 13 years and I'm sure not starting now!

Stupid BDO organisers messing with my life... the Sydney one was always Australia Day and the Adelaide one was always a week later... until this year (well, 2013, I mean).

Bugger!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm
Profile WWW

NOT TO WORRY Dave, it would have been great to have you there, however these things happen. :(
So far we have 25 cars registered, we would like to have some extras just to cover any emergencies that may cause people not to roll up, in saying that we do not have a limit of cars at this time, whoever can come along will be include!! :o
We are looking at billetting people up to assist in the cost of coming to CARnivale', besides it keeps everyone together for the weekend, we intend to make it an enjoyable weekend for all. :D
With the billetting, we have limited space so unfortunately it will be a case of first in, best accommodated.
Guys from Vic, if any, please if possible, bring your Club banner again if possible with a stand of some type?
Dave M.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Dave . I have already knocked back a big job so I can come . I must be keen .gricey

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 am

Gricey, you will be welcomed no problem.
Where does your son live, what part of Sydney?

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 am

Believe it or not . Newtown . Gricey

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

Car(s): not enough!
MMMMMM
MY FAVOURITE THAI SHOP IS IN NEWTOWN!

GREAT FOOOOD IN NEWTOWN! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

So my boy tells me . He eats out most nights . Gricey

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 pm

WELL Gricey, you won't have far to drive to the assembly point, Domain Parking Station!! LOL. :lol:
I will let you know where we usually meet up, it is a Shell garage and Maccas, a bit further out or we can meet you on the way in ?? ;)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 am

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE REGISTERED FOR "CARnivale 2013"! :D

Around the middle of December you should all receive a mailed out pack of further information, which will provide a windscreen sticker/label, plus information on where to assemble and roughly where we will be located in the Streets of Sydney.
DO NOT LOOSE YOUR STICKER, :oops: YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE ASSEMBLY LOCATION WITHOUT THE STICKER FIXED TO YOUR WINDSCREEN, APPROXIMATELY IN FRONT OF YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.
Some of us will assemble at other locations prior to travelling to the Domain Parking Station where we will all assemble together, prior to travelling in convoy into the City. 8-)
If anyone wishes to take part as late entries, please speak to myself, 0412 600469, we will have at least 2 spare spots for anyone who changes their minds and wishes to attend the day in Sydney. 8-) WE WOULD WELCOME YOU :!: :!: :!:

Please let me know should you information pack not arrive, I will organise another to be sent to you.
Looking forward to another GREAT BELLETTING DAY :!: :lol:
Dave.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 am

C'mon one and all, we need your support, we now have 3 spare spots for CARnivale'. :(

Should you be able to come along, please contact Tom or Julie Amos or myself :!:
These things happen, we would like ti fill all allocated spots if possible, remember your car does not have to be pristeen or even going for that matter, as long as we advise the organisers so we can get a trailer into position early to meet up with the convoy later in the morning. 8-)

After the DAY come along to an evening free barbeque and discuss the day! Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the release of our cars that we love soooo much!! 8-)
Hoping to hear from at least another 3 owners, PLEASE!! ;)
Dave M. (0428222097).

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi All,

Those of you that entered 2013 CARnivale', should now have your information envelope, I have received mine this weekend, I know our QLDer friends have theirs also. ;)
Read the details, I will be in contact later to organise OUR RV point. :?:

We do however have at least 2, possibly 4 spare allocations, PLEASE come back to Tom or myself if you wish to come along BUT have not officially entered.
Looking forward to catching up with you all and for a great day out with our cars :shock:
Dave M. :P

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:51 am

ANYONE interested in being in CARnivale" with their car, be it a Bellett, Wasp, Florian, 117 or Gemini, should contact me or Tom Amos ASAP! :)
We have a number of spare spots for cars for the day, we have had a number of cars/people for personal reasons have had to pull out, we would like to replace or fill those spots if possible?
It is the 50th Anniversary of the release of the Bellett to the world, hopefully we can make it a "special" year for all those that have in the past or are still currently involved with Isuzu cars.
Should an Interstate member of the Forum wish to enter, we maybe able to provide accommodation for a couple of nights by having you billetted out to Sydney members. 8-)

Hopefully we will have a great day, Australia Day is usually a very enjoyable and fun day looking at cars and talking to interested people. :!: :)
Dave M.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next