View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
NRMA Motofest 2013 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Ladies and Gents, as Greg and Geoff have eluded to we have an even better weekend planned for 2013!!

Some weeks ago I emailed the organiser of NRMA Motorfest, informing him that 2013 will be the 50th Anniversary of the release of Belletts to the world. During Motorfest this year the organiser sought myself and Tom Amos out and we had a very interesting discussion with him.
The result of that discussion is that if we from Bellett.net and any other Bellett owners can put together approximately 20 to 25 cars, BELLETTS WILL BE THE FEATURED CAR FOR NRMA MOTORFEST 2013~~~ : :o
We already have had 2 race cars promised, 1 car under restoration that will need to be trailered to the Event, if it can make it!
It appears at this early stage we would be looking at about 16 cars at this very early stage, what we would really like, is to have as many of you as possible to come along and we will make a weekend of it, starting with Motorfest 2013 :) .
We will be also looking at the possibility of having people billited with other memebrs of Bellett net and the Isuzu Car Club.
Florians and 117's are included. :D

This will NOT be about The Isuzu Car Club of Australia, however we will be the organisers, it will be about Belletts and the importance of these cars to all of us.
Please give it some thought, make your plans if you are interested, let me know of your intention and lets give this a big shot! :D
You know how many times at shows we had the coment "I didn't know there was so many Belletts on the road", in a group lets show them how many are still around!! :twisted:

You can contact me on 0412600469 or PM me if you have any questions, we have plenty of time, we need to advise the organisers of our full committment of cars, prior to September. Numbers will also be needed if you would like to be billitted with someone in Sydney, there wil be limited ability here for billitt locations.
Hoping to hear from you soon, with your support, this should one cracker of a weekend!
Dave M.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Car(s): isuzu wasp;
just as a thought..for those that cannot make it personally but would like to be included.
Why not have a large screen with photos of the cars playing during the day..
Maybe a state or suburb listed on it so that passerbys can see that there are Belletts everywhere.Might bring them out of the woodwork. ;)
lizzie.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Lizzie,
What a great idea, we will look at that and see where we can get a screen from, the other issue would be power supply. ;) We could show videos and still photos.
We welcome any suggestions, :roll: any car travelling from Interstate to Motorfest also receives free assistance from the NRMA Roadside service, should any bad luck be experienced. :o
A little bird tells me you will be coming, all going well!!

This is all about "BELLETTS" nothing else, we include Florians and 117'S
Dave.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 pm

we wanted to be there this year Dave, as we discussed, but work got in the way.... :evil:
but we're definitly in for 2013, and hopefully with a couple of cars if that helps.

many thanks for organising this mate, and let's make the 50th one to remember!

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi ALL,

Just a reminder, after the Merimbula BELLETT National meet, to start thinking about Motorfest 2013, where we are intending to Celebrate 50 years of the Bellett.

We are looking for a committment from Bellett/Florian/117 and WASP owners to take part. Entry is free and we are looking at the possibility of billitting people up at members homes in Sydney, obviously first in will get those places.
Any car or all cars are welcome, ones under restoration which can be trailered in if required, however we need prior notice for trailered cars, daily users, we need to cover off on all types of useage, race cars also welcome.

To date we have 2 cars from QLD, 2 cars from VIC, from people who have contacted me already to nominate their cars.

We are looking for app. 26 cars in total so we can put up a real good show. Possibly a TV screen showing cars and past Events during the day, any volunteeers to assist with equipment etc, during the day would be appreciated.

I have been in contact with the organiser, so we can organise the space for our cars, entries I expect will be open in October "some time".
The more the merrier and the better our display, please advise me your intention as soon as you can committ.
Best regards,
Dave M.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Dave. You can count on at least 2 cars from us. Gricey

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:32 am

BLOODY FANTASTIC GRICEY AND CHERYL!!!
I am going to a meeting on Thursday night to discuss NRMA Motorfest, look like being absolutely a great Event with the support for both Events. See you there!! At Merimbula first however!!
Regards,
Dave.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi Dave,
I'll be there, probably in the Florian - ya gotta have a Florian! ;)
Tracy will have to look at school resumption, but there's a chance of bringing Doris as well.
I'm pretty sure Gary Carter will bring the 117 - he loves it & drives it every chance!
We can stay with Tracy's parents, so accom OK.

A firmer commitment soon.

Thanks for working things with the organisers, it is quite a milestone.

Cheers, Matt. :D

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 pm

You got it right Matt, "Gotta have a FLORIAN", that would be great Matt, thank you, the numbers are building.
I think you would be aware I had a Florian a long time ago, the first model with the flat head lights and small tail lights, it was a JOY to drive, a great car.
Dave.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 pm

nrma motorfest NOT ON
9-11 of march in canberra instead :?:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:46 am

Hhmmm Greg have not heard anything, I am trying to find out what is happening, as soon as I know I will post something to that effect. It would be a massive hole in Australia Day in Sydney if that is the situation :x
I will be in contact shortly.
Dave m.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:20 am

Hi All,

The letter from NRMA really does not tell us much, however here are the FACTS!

MOTORFEST 2013 IS ON :D , a different sponsor has been sourced, information will be available mid October. NRMA did not run Motorfest, they were the sponsors, it is run by the Australia Day Council. Our contact that some of you met last year, we believe, will still be involved, with the late notification we should all receive more information in October. ;)
Obviously if you have changed your mind or plans please let us know, it is still the 50th Anniversary of our cars, yes it is a bit dissappointing that NRMA have pulled out :( , you can bank on it being over dollars. I guess there MAY possibly be an entry fee with the change, as I have said we won't know until mid October.

Please keep this in your minds until we have the full details before making your decision to pull out or go to a different event.
We had no idea this was happening until the letters arrived with us today also!!
Hopefully we will have ALL details prior to Merimbula, lets all focus on Merimbula until then.

Thank you Greg for your "heads up", working in Sydney and not being at home, I knew nothing until I saw your post!!
Hang loose until we get all details please!!
Dave M.

Last edited by 1968GT on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 am

Car(s): isuzu wasp;
If this is the case it leaves a bigger whole in my social calander.. :o :shock:

we will have to plan another get together

we dont really need an excuse to get Bellett nuts together, do we ? :D

lizzie

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 am

Your right Lizzie, no excuse required eh!!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:51 am

The letter gave the impression it was not on sorry :? maybe should have read not supporting instead of not hosting :?: maybe your contacts need to be aware of this other wise people will make other plans.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 am

Greg, you are right, there may have been some "sour grapes" during the split, don't know, I will put out a Broadcast shortly.
Thank you again to you, I investigated straight away and we have been told another communication should go out mid October, we will still ned to get our entries in quickly.
I think you will find that the mailing list has been supplied to the Australia Day organisers.
Dave M.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 am

All, Motorfest 2013 will happen and we will be the featured marque from all reports to date. :lol: :D

WE ARE DEFINITELY asking for numbers and cars for January 26th 2013. Believe me it does not matter the condition, we asking for cars in all conditions, from under restoration, to daily users, to show cars. :o

The new sponsor for Motorfest has been selected, however they will not be devulged until mid October.

We would like any information from past Bellett activities, or Club activities, we are looking at having a TV running videos and photos of our activities. Some photos I have been available to obtain will be seen at Merimbula from a memory stick provided we have the correct TV on the Saturday night.
Should you have any banners that are free standing, we would like to borrow them if possible, all will be returned after the day.

We are not certain on where we will be on the day, however we have been advised we will be included.
As either entries are online, or we are advised any further information, I will post further updates.

If you have any possibility of being there on the day please either PM me, or email me on, maurices54@bigpond.com
We may have the ability to billitt people out, come back to me if this is required and we will ask members in Sydney if that is possible.

Looking forward to seing as many of you as can make it to Merimbula!! :D
Dave M.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 pm

HELLO ALL,
Entries have opened for what is now to be known as "CARnivale", no longer NRMA MOTORFEST. :o

Please go to www.australiaday.com.au/CARnivale to enter Online. ;)
Entries need to be lodged early as this is one of the MOST popular Events in NSW for Classic Cars. :roll:

If you would like to go, enter now to gain the place, if you end up not attending, :x we may have a car to replace your car. :)
PLEASE don't delay, do it now, remembering next year 2013, it the 50th Anniversary of the release of the Bellett to the world.
When you have entered, please advise me so I can add you to the Entry list. 8-)

Any questions please come back to me ASAP, we can then answer your query and get your entry lodged!
Dave M.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]