View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Mudgee Motorfest 2015 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
The above Event is run by a group or Club called "The Cudgegong Cruisers", as this name suggests a lot of their members have cars that have been highly modified, to Hot Rods.
They do a lot of good in this region making considerable donations to various Charities.
Bob Bailey, Jim Barrett and myself entered and we were looking forward to a good weekend. We arrived at the Showground and set up for the day, we entered in 2 classes, "Best 1960's Car" and "Top Japanese Car".
We took a shelter to sit under, as the day went on the wind rose and the shelter was rocking and rolling, I decided in place of it taking off and damaging one of the many cars, we would pull it down, in fact you can see the frame in the rear of the photos.
200PM arrived and it was Presentation time, we decided to walk over to see who won what?
The class of Best 1960's Car was won by a lady in a highly modified EK Holden, registered in QLD converted to a Coupe style body same length as the normal FB Holden and the interior was way "out there", I wouldn't say nicely done but certainly well done and neat, running a V8 with an unusual set up for the gear change, it was set very high in the cabin, the car was very low!
After a while the Top Japanese Car was called out and my name was called out as the winner, all 3 of us were surprised considering and seeing the cars we were up against, 2 X RX7's, 1 X Mazda 808 Rotary, 1 X Datsun 510 with a 2000 twin cam turboed motor, disc brakes all around and a nice paint job, 1 X Subaru WRX, 1 X Nissan 4 door sedan plus some other cars that were there more for the grass events than the Show N Shine. Unfortunately Bob and Jim missed out.
I must say that it was my best reward without doubt and certainly not an expected result.

Sorry Guys I did not take many photos at all of our cars or the other Entrants as they did not interest me.

Attachments:
Mudgee Motorfest 2014 002.JPG
Mudgee Motorfest 2014 002.JPG [ 639.31 KiB | Viewed 6697 times ]
Mudgee Motorfest 2014 003.JPG
Mudgee Motorfest 2014 003.JPG [ 637.65 KiB | Viewed 6697 times ]

Last edited by 1968GT on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
nice pics ...dave ..good job

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]