View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Henry Lawson Festival Gulgong 2010. 12th to 14th June. 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
It is on again, in 2009 we had a great day, 2010 will be even better, The Isuzu Car Club of Australia is making this event an Official Club Event! :)
Everyone welcome, accommodation will need to be booked early as the weekend is usually full of us Tourists!!
Check out the web sites for Gulgong and Mudgee for available accommodation.

The Isuzu Car Club is organising a full weekend of Events all going well, Saturday in the Parade in Gulgong starting around midday. (which allows for time if you elect to travel on Saturday morning). Saturday evening if we get enough people to come along, a Barbeque with the group, venue to be decided, or eat out somewhere. :o
Sunday a tour of the Vineyards via an Observation type run to make it more interesting. :geek:
Monday morning breakfast at one of the Cafe's in Mudgee before you head off to avoid the traffic congestion of the Long weekend. :(

It would be good if we can beat last years numbers, only this time for the weekend, not just the parade on Saturday!!
Please let me know if you are available to attend, if we work together it should be a great weekend!!
Drive carefully, take care and get those Belletts ready.
Dave M. 0412 600469.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi Dave,
Sadly we won't be able to attend this year as we have a long-booked prior engagement. Shame, 'cause I know Gary & Dennis are both planning on going. We had a beaut weekend last year & it would be great to catch up with the Sydneysiders again.
So far there is no clash with the Dubbo Truck & Classic Car show, so maybe then, otherwise we'll catch you at Coona - Our cabin is booked!
Thanks for the invite,
Cheers, Matt.

Mon May 03, 2010 3:36 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Hi Matt,
Thank you for letting me know, must say I am disappointed but that happens eh!
I will be at Dubbo so I will look forward to catching up with you then??

That car show you went to with Gary, what a great venue? Really attractive venue like that really adds to an event!!
Do you know who bought that GT at Port Macquarie?

Sun May 16, 2010 5:58 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Yeah mate, The council have done some good work around the 'Duck pond' & Soccer fields (with help from Bendigo bank), and we've had a great season, so it's green everywhere.
Port Mac GT went to Gerry in Qld. Read about it in 'My Bellett' > 'The newest GT gets a good home' by GerryBellettGT.
Have fun at Gulgong!
Cheers, Matt.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks Matt, yes it has gone to a good home, thankfully!!
I knew Peter Lyons right up to when he passed away with a sudden heart attack, not very old either, a really nice Guy and loved that GT as Steve his son stated.

I will keep you posted on Gulgong, speak soon.
Dave M.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Hey Matt I have heard the excellent news, YOU ARE COMING TO GULGONG/MUDGEE??? :?:
I hope Gary C can come also, if you both come to the weekend that should give us 9 cars for the weekend, which will make it a great weekend for all and Belletting!!! :P
We are planning a full weekend however finishing it early enough to get you all back on the road home to beat the weekend traffic. :D
Take care when driving over here, :geek: if you happen to be running a little late at all, you can meet us at Gulgong, in place of my home! :mrgreen:
Keep an eye out for our updated email next week. :shock:

Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah mate, had me dates confused! So it's all go. Very excitement :!: Spoke to Gary Carter tonight & he's keen, we'll just have to sort out some accommodation. Dennis's will be pretty full with Gary Monn & Eddie staying, so I'll bring our tent if the weather looks O.K. We will have to come home Sunday as Tracy has work to do Monday.
So, 9 cars, 8-) , and some time with the Broths & mates. All good. :D :D
Cheers mate.
Matt.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi we have booked the Oriental Hotel for Saturday night dinner where we ate last year, looking at having breakfast before you head off Matt on Sunday morning at one of the Alfresco Cafe's down town also before we have the Observation run.
Should be a good weekend provided the weather man looks after us.
I will be asking for numbers the week after next just before the weekend so I can confirm numbers.
DM.

Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 am

Sounds great mate, and thanks for doing all the organising.
Looking forward, Matt.

Sat May 29, 2010 12:21 pm

WELL Guys and Ladies, the June long weekend is almost upon us, it is not too late to register.

We have the parade and show on Saturday starting at 1200 midday, dinner on Saturday night at 600 pm. (with no doubt a lot of BELLETT talk/reminiscing during the evening).
The next morning we are having breakfast at one of the local Cafe's inside or outside, dependant on the weather.
After breakfast we will have a run around the wineries to join up again for lunch, people can then make their own way around or head for home before the traffic of the long weekend resumes.
If you come in your modern car you will also have a great weekend, no doubt a lot of memories will come flooding back when you see 9 Belletts in the parade and driving around the Gulgong, Mudgee region.
COME AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:48 am

Well, we had a great Event, all arrived safely and have told me they had a great weekend, a lot of laughs and memories were had by all!

I may have to post photos later as I am having difficulty lowering the pictures to a smaller resolution. We ended up with 8 cars, 2 GT's, 6 sedans, one participant took ill 2 days before leaving home.
Everyone is saying they all ate too much, as the eating locations, the meal sizes were certainly plentiful.
The Observation Run was won by Matthew Smith and his wife and daughter, WELL DONE!!

Photos look like they have uploaded, hopefully more photos will be posted by other Forum members taken during the weekend, ENJOY!!
Dave M.

Attachments:
Lunch at Cooyal Pub 2.JPG
Lunch at Cooyal Pub 2.JPG [ 799.23 KiB | Viewed 11965 times ]
Lunch at Cooyal Pub.JPG
Lunch at Cooyal Pub.JPG [ 788.16 KiB | Viewed 11965 times ]
Breakfast in Mudgee 2.JPG
Breakfast in Mudgee 2.JPG [ 826.13 KiB | Viewed 11965 times ]
Breakfast in Mudgee 1.JPG
Breakfast in Mudgee 1.JPG [ 800.71 KiB | Viewed 11963 times ]

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]