View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
japanese nationals 

The japanese nationals are on.

when the 26th sept.

Where at Lakeside motor raceway.

Entries close on 1st of september.

On this day there will be sprints on also.This should add a little entertainment.

Also a show and shine

We have entered the maroon gt and the wasp.

I have set a date for patches 1st day out but have not entered him yet as he is still noooood.This will confirm if he is bound for coona fingers crossed.

http://www.classicjapaneseshowandshine.com/entry_form

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am

you qld guys and girls dont know how good u have it up there!
classic jap day, all jap day, jap nats....
we can't even get a single jap-anything going here....

let us know how the event goes, and pics please!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:44 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
brett you should get ball rolling and organise a jap day,in victoria ? dont ley qld have all the fun

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Yeaaahhhh, that shouldn't be too much trouble.................

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 pm

don't even mention it boys.....................
I kicked it off a couple of years back, contacted a major car-based committee (that does alot of these American, British, European, Australian, etc, things) to have them as the main organiser because they had the experience, contacts and knowledge to make it a success, and they wanted me to help as a sort-of advisor/steerer/etc.
all was travelling great with a fantastic venue arranged, date set, a possible sponsor in the form of a big name company in the car world, notifications going out, a good amount of interest coming back, etc, but then....
we had one club (one of the multiple that I'm a member of!!) decide that the date set wasn't suited to them, so they back-doored me, went straight to the organisers and got the date changed.... to the same date as the Bellett Nationals! I told the organisers this was not satisfactory at all (obviously!!), so we changed it again.... and then another club whinged that they wanted to be involved in running the thing, but when they came in, they took over and changed the date without any consultation! then another club cracked it because of the 3rd change and said they'd boycott it, but when they were asked to help out with the event if they wanted things changed, they said "no, it's all your problem.................. but we still want it our way."
in the end, the committee just got sick of the to-ing and fro-ing, and walked away, as did I, as it all got waaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard, and it became a case of everyone wanted it their way and didn't want to know about the work involved to do it.
basically, my days of organising it are over! :lol:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 am

Two weeks to get your entries in.Lets fly the isuzu flag.We have a few gt's and at least 1 wasp.I have applied a little pressure to Gerry to bring his out :D .Isabell is entered but his owner does not know :? MMM he might now.
I have made a spot for patches as he has all his body repaires done and the final stages of repaires are underway.I don't like his chances but thats our goal.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Go you good things!.....Hmm, Jap NATIONALS, sounds like a good excuse to journey north, and with rellies to stay with! But not this year, a bit poor and a bit time poor, but next year.....Hmmm
Take plenty photos! Cheers.
Wow Brett, what a saga!! Do you have chook raffles in Vic??
Sorry, I'm bad!
Pretty amazing, you'd reckon people would be happy just to have someone organise it, then just go if you can. Perhaps I'm a bit simple........
Cheers mate, Matt.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:51 am

Farmer wrote:
Wow Brett, what a saga!! Do you have chook raffles in Vic??

probably mate, but i never buy a ticket...
my luck would be that i'd have the only ticket, and they's lose the damn thing...
or i'd win, and the chook would be off and i'd get sick!

Farmer wrote:
Pretty amazing, you'd reckon people would be happy just to have someone organise it, then just go if you can. Perhaps I'm a bit simple........
Cheers mate, Matt.

nah mate, ur not simple.... just logical, coz i agree totally. they are exactly my thoughts too.
but then again, maybe we're all a bit dumb............................?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]