View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Finally got one 

Car(s): Isuzu DMax LSU, Isuzu MUX, 1979 117 Coupe.
Well the journey has started again. After a 2 year search I have finally got a 117 Coupe. I had been trying to buy one in Victoria, 14 kilometres from my place but never got any replies from text, voicemail or emails. I somehow stumbled on this one on Gum tree. I just kept it in the back of my mind. On going to the nationals at Mudgee I asked around about it from members that may have known it.
The feedback was quite good. Then I headed off on the rest of our journey, not forgetting it but to busy. By the time it had been on FleaBay twice, with I presume the same 28 bodies watching. I let it sit.
Then lo and behold I opened my Farcebook one day. Bingo, the owner had put a post on one of my Facebook friends. I now had a phone number. Showed Raena and was told call and make an offer. Which I duly did. It wasn't taken very well, it did at least get the conversation moving. I let it settle for an hour or so and then made another offer. After a bit of to and frowing a price was settled on. Once paid for I orginised transport, that was initially a bloody nightmare. The main players were over the top and had more rules than the ATO. I finally got a company called Car Transport Express to do a door to door job. Efficient reasonably priced and insured. Unlike the main players that didn't have insurance.
Once here and on a permit did a few test runs, cleaned it up sorted the front wheel bearing issue off for an RWC. Just before I got to the workshop it rained so I turned the wipers on. Whoops the drivers side looked like it was doing the chicken dance. Long and short of it is that it passed. even after one of the park lights blew.
So it is now on the club permit scheme and as of today I have 88 days left.
A lot has to be done to tidy up some of the "restoration" work.
I have to thank Sticky and Jim Grice for the help they have given me in getting the BIG parts down.
Just looking forward to getting out and about in it when ever I can.
Peter

Attachments:
Plates_04.jpg
Plates_04.jpg [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 15113 times ]
Plates_03.jpg
Plates_03.jpg [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 15113 times ]
Plates_02.jpg
Plates_02.jpg [ 1.5 MiB | Viewed 15113 times ]

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Fantastic, Peter

you can join us for the odd excursion now.

Fond of the 117's myself.
you got in before they run out of H plate digits which can't be too long now.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:13 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Thats fantastic Peter, you need a classic in your life! I was told that Raena fell for them at the Nationals, so hoped it wouldn't be long until you found one. Looks great, and am I right that its a twin cam 5 speed?
Now I am extra keen for the next Nationals so I can check it out in the metal and drool a bit. I am quite a fan of the 117.
Thanks for showing,
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
and i got some parts. lol gricey

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Think I've seen this great looking 117 in the metal,good comfortable ride in that one,no Bellett Back Pain ;) Gerry

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:33 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
GerryBellettGT wrote:
Think I've seen this great looking 117 in the metal,good comfortable ride in that one,no Bellett Back Pain ;) Gerry

Yeah you have....... was Ray Ferguson's

Got your "bigger parts" safely to Gricey's place but can't vouch for their safety now that they are there :lol: :lol:

Picked up a couple of cars while I was there myself :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:51 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1966 Bellett 1500 sedan
This is a really good looking car.
Was LHD version also made?

This is something, I would really like to have some day.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I don't think they were ever sold in LHD.

In fact, they seem to be fairly rare outside of Japan, although in Japan they are still pretty common from a collector car point of view!

Probably helps that they made heaps of them, especially once they started mass-producing them (early ones were hand-built). Strangely, they still seemed to be selling when when they were replaced by the Piazza in 1981.

I know of two in the USA, but both are right hand drive, ex-Japanese cars.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]