View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
My TD Gemini 

Car(s): 1978 TD Gemini
Hers my current work in progress is this TD, haven't got any current photos, but it hasn't really changed much.
Up front its got a g180w with delco efi backed up by a genuine zz/r 5 speed with matching shifter.
Its got custom vented brakes with commodore calipers in the front with standard drums in the rear.
Its running on kmac springs and front swaybar with an adjustable rear swaybar and most of the bushes have been replaced with nolathane.
All the carpet, sound deadening, rear seat, roof lining, door trims and pretty much the rest of the interior was all crap so it
was all pulled out and only the bare minimum will be replaced but this wont be seeing the road again so that wont be much.
There was a fair bit of rust in the car but it was only cosmetic and I'm most of the way through repairing that.
Heres a couple pics:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:09 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hey Simmo,

That will be a ripper when it's running.

You should contact both Ross (2lDOHC) and Ant (Antus) to pick their brains about the Delco stuff; they've got a couple of cars running on Delco now!!

I wouldn't have thought that would be too hard to rego; you've upgraded the brakes and once it's neatened up, I thought it would be a good thing!

Good luck with the rest of it!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Looks like quite a project there Simmo, but lots of work done. Should be good once it's all done - Ant's car is a little cracker.
Keep us updated!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 am

Car(s): 1978 TD Gemini
Yeah I probably could get it regoed. But for peace of mind on the track I'd like to put a cage in, and nowadays you cant get
rego with a cage in the car. I just moved the car from my parents place to mine so it should be getting a lot more work done to it now.
Thanks for all the comments.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:17 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Cage = sensible

No rego on cage cars = stupid!!!!

Typical!

I put 14" wheels and 195s all 'round on my TD van, plus a sports steering wheel and the car was a veritable go-kart.

Got defected for the steering wheel and put the huge, thin, plastic original wheel back on (not as huge or thin as a Bellett wheel, mind you!) and took it to the cop station as it was only a minor defect. The policewoman said "You've got more control with the original wheel, mate".

I'm thinking "yeah, that's why rally drivers and Peter Brock all race with giant, skinny plastic wheels with minimal grip factor".

Perhaps that's why Peter Brock died!!!!

That's my rant! Not trying to hijack your thread!

Hope the work progresses! I got my TD van out for a couple of months last year and enjoyed every second of it.... I want to get it out again!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]