View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
another barn find 

I had the same event as farmer it found me. I got a phone call on Wednesday night with are you the guy with the belletts arrrr yes ? I have a florian that I bought on the 3rd of dec 1968 I have had it in storage since it was unregistered in 1989 due to some damage to the rear suspension when it was transported. The gentleman's brother has passed away and his property is to be sold so it has to be removed from its garage and he has no where to store it so he rang a wrecker to see if they could deal with it and was told it had no value so next step was to find a new owner or scrap metal was it's future. I explained that if I find it too far gone I will pass it on to someone here for parts.
Being interstate atm I have sent a truck for it I have some phone photos with the wording of god it is ugly but it's condition is perfect not a dent no rust. The car was bought in Sydney in dec 1968 when he traded his 1965 bellett. He was told at the time it was the first one sold in Australia, he does recall its first service it was put back on display for the day.
I have this urge to return home asap and get it going as my driver says 4 tyres and a service it would be a nice original car. I will have to work out what's wrong in the rear end.
rear window sticker will read.... GO WITH THE FLO

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:05 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
GREAT STUFF GREG CANT WAIT TILL YOU '' SHOW THE FLO'' CHEERS DAVO

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:47 am

I have not seen it, but it has un ripped plastic on the four doors, a plastic spare wheel cover that has never been removed, a stone guard on the bumper I have a photo yuk might have to send it to sticky, weather shield, blinds log books with all receipts as well as a workshop manual. My driver has rang a few times he is exited and cant believe the condition he even offered to wash it. I said no I have to see it first. I am not happy the dust blew off on the way home :lol:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:57 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
Dayum :o

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:09 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Hey Greg . You should give it to me I will look after it . ?? Have you picked up the 1800 from Jason yet . Gricey.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:22 am

Gricey I cant send it to you I have to keep up with the grices ;) No I have not picked the twin cam up yet I told you I was in a rush :roll:.
These are the picks I have seen. I might have to be nice to the Grice I don't know what rear end part is bent.

Attachments:
flo1.jpg
flo1.jpg [ 11.21 KiB | Viewed 36364 times ]
flo.jpg
flo.jpg [ 10.69 KiB | Viewed 36364 times ]
flo4.jpg
flo4.jpg [ 9.09 KiB | Viewed 36364 times ]
flo3.jpg
flo3.jpg [ 10.25 KiB | Viewed 36365 times ]
Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am

Car(s): not enough!
cool....very cool...what area did you get it from?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Brissie under 100km from home :D

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:08 pm

NOICE ONE GREG YOU FIND............... .DAVO

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
See my face? :shock:
Isn't this great? You only have to have a kind attitude and they will find you!!
:o I can hardly believe it, so pristine, so obviously cherrished by the old bloke! That stone guard is the ol (bloke) skool car bra! Probably was a bit of a Dave M!! Maybe there isn't a chip on it.
:cry: (there's no face here with happy tears!) I reckon it couldn't have found a better home.
GO with the FLO -- Like it! :lol:
Now you gunna see some spacious luxury!
Collecting the set!

Well Chevy 74, now looks like theres 2 of a kind!

Fan-tastic!
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
About the rear end, can't be much - theres only a diff and 2 leaf assemblies under there!
Theres a model Land Cruiser shackle rubbers that fit if you trim the length a bit ('74 I think?)
Anyhow, I have the whole thing under that parts car, if you need it. ;)
Cheers again, Matt.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Top one Greg . Don't think parts will be a problem . That's another one . hope it doesn't affect the value . Pretty soon there Will be as many as there wasps . I rember when there were only 1 or 2 . You should drive it to Adelaide . You will enjoy the drive and the room . Gricey

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Adelaide was mentioned but I have a nostalgic run with ol yella as I have only been to Adelaide once 40 years ago and that was in new yella :lol: We have the sedan booked in b to b so Liz may bring a second car pending other plans. Maybe the original owner may drive it down :?: it will be to expensive running two cars.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 pm

HI GREG CALL ME SLACK ,,,STUPID OR WHATEVER ...IF YOU ARE RELATING TO DRIVING NAPOLEAN ID LOVE TO ..HOWEVER I AM BOOKED FOR A TRIP TO BALI ...BEFORE MY GIRLS NO LONGER THINK ITS TRENDY TO BE SEEN WITH PARENTS I UNFORTUNATELY WONT BE GOING TO ADELAIDE ...WE PLANNED A HOLLIDAY AND I GUESS AS YOU KNOW FAMILY FIRST CHEERS DAVO ....LOVE THE FLO IT LOOKS A BLOODY BEAUTY ...KERRY WOULD HAVE LIKED IT FOR HIS GENUINE TEARDROP AS A STABLE MATE ........................MORE PICS ......

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:00 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
very nice find mate! looks real pretty to me!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
she sure is tidy, Greg. and a early series one to boot.

still waiting for my "shed special" to turn up. but my '67 auto is coming along really well.

please keep them pics comin in. we want to see as much of her as possible. prestine engine bay. spiders webs and all

OZ

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 am

Car(s): 74 Blazer, 74 LUV, 74 Sportsvan, 74 Belair S/W, 74 Viscount Caravan, 74 Gemini Jet Boat, 69 Florian, 68 Florian
UNBELIEVABLE :o
I knew another one would turn up one day.
Just happened to be the same day that I got mine.
What a great find.
That is one lovely motor car.
I can’t say that I don’t envy you. :mrgreen:
I have a lot of work to do before mine gets any where near as good as your one.
Well I guess that’s what happens when a car is stored in the bush for 20 years.
I can’t wait until the day I get to see it. Seeing yours sure gives me a lot more inspiration.

Cheers, Chris

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 am

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
What a great find that's come your way. Looks and sounds potentially better than my white GT
time capsule Greg! It still hasn't got a name..... any suggestions people ;)
Cheers, Lewis

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:46 am
Profile WWW

............FLORENCE...............

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:33 am

Davo I think Lewis wanted to name his gt ? Florence might be a bit weird :? as far as the florians name I spoke to the original owner and asked if it was named not official but it was called flori in the past I have named them after the owner but warwick the wasp would be peed if we named the florian warwick.
A little more history on the car it was ordered before it arrived in Australia and is believed to be the first car sold in Australia. I had another long conversation again with the owner tonight and learned a little more history of flori. I told Warwick of the forum as he still has interest in the old Isuzu's and I hope to have him and flori driving down memory lane soon ;) We will have a brake overhaul, and a radiator check with some new hoses a service and some new tyres and see where we go from there. The lean up will be a pleasure as it has marks on it inside and out that wipe off so easy. I thought the door trims might have been a problem as they are mouldy but it is on the outside and not between the trim and plastic. With the fur from the dash removed we have no cracks in the dash. The trick will be to clean it and tidy it up without tampering it's standard form :idea: It will need a set of mags and personal plates.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next