View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
How many Wasps ??? 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
You know whats nice OZ? It didn't find it, a mate did! A mate thats not really even into cars. It was listed as "Belett ute" on all classifieds, which doesn't offer suggestions for missed spellings. ;)
So, thanks Craig! You beauty!!
:D :D :D

Sun May 18, 2014 12:30 pm

7 in Vic that I can count off the top of my head that exist today.
My 2, another quiet forum member has 2, 2 more out west, and the twin of the SA "Rustin" car.
A yellow one came here from NSW in the late 90's and was sold again not long after, but never heard of again. New owner had other Bellett's inc a PR90 with alot of desirable bits on it.
There was another in WA 2 decades ago..... Disappeared too.
I think u have accounted for all the others I know of, without checking and cross checking that is.

Fri May 23, 2014 7:09 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
So if my adder-upper is working OK, I get a total of 35. Which amazes me, as utes are bought to work, and so often are discarded once worn out. Thankfully there are plenty of pastures in Aus to put them out to, like good old horses, and it would seem plenty of Wasps have endeared themselves to their owners.
And unlike horses, they don't die, as my recent find has shown! ;)

I still don't have a styleside, so need to keep my eyes peeled! :D
Cheers, Matt.

Sat May 24, 2014 8:32 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Hi Matt,
You're so right, it is amazing that so many are still around. In another thread somewhere, Brett has indicated that records show only 122 Wasps were brought into Australia in one shipment; so now almost 50 years later we have over 28% of them still around !! That's a huge effort.

Fri May 30, 2014 2:23 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
yea made to last ..not go fast ....

Fri May 30, 2014 5:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2