View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Picking up my new DMax Friday! 

Car(s): '65 Wasp w/Florian G161, '66 Hillman Super Minx Wagon(now under daughter's ownership), F350 Super Duty, Jayco Caravan
Hi all, after looking at all the 4 x 2 utes and comparing everything - options, engines, mileage, reputation and price....I opted for the 4 x 2 DMax. Standard white, 3.0 L diesel, tray, yadda yadda and I am picking her up Friday afternoon. Interesting website about the DMax - someone drove from Birdsville to Brisbane on one tank of fuel. Ya don't get that kind of mileage in city driving but the engine and fuel efficiency is impressive for a 3.0 litre. All the other utes: Nissan, Mits, HiLux, Mazda.....all were 2.4 litre engines and delivered pretty much the same mileage. And, Isuzu is the undisputed leader in commercial trucks in the world. Anyway, the second Isuzu in the family now. Clyde.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
So how's the D-max? should be a good thing. I'm just happy to see the Isuzu badge back. It's taken 39 years to get G.M. out of Isuzu, but finally.... Those yanks are what stopped us getting any G.T.R's or more G.T's or florians or 117's. The worm turns......
Matt.

Wed May 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Car(s): '65 Wasp w/Florian G161, '66 Hillman Super Minx Wagon(now under daughter's ownership), F350 Super Duty, Jayco Caravan
Hi, and thanks for asking. The DMax is great! I am very pleased with the ute overall and the engine has more torque than the Hilux, Navara or Triton. It does have a 3.0 litre engine but on the first two tanks of diesel I used a bit over 8 litres per 100 kms and all city driving. I have yet to take it on a trip so I do not know what the mileage is for highway. The build quality is very good and interior panels/etc are good quality materials/assembly. So far I am a happy camper.

Yes the crash laws in the US put a hefty $$ requirement for a lot of foreign manufacturers to stay in business there....and hence here as well. Leyland tried to stay in but the rubber nose MGs just did not sell.

Cheers, clyde

Thu May 07, 2009 5:56 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Ah, Good news Clyde. That economy is great considering town running & not yet run-in. Glad yer happy!
I meant no offence to our American friends, by the way, just the corporate decision by the general to can aus imports after they bought 1/3 of Isuzu in 1970. At least they did bring us Geminis after a while.
Happy Maxing!, Matt.

Tue May 26, 2009 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]