View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Window winders and diff seals 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Anyone know where I can obtain original, good condition window winders, clip on type?
Greg M has told me HQ Holden type will fit, however I am trying to keep original, I may try the old drill and screw caper before buying the new HQ Holden ones if I can not get original ones.

Also the part number or equivalent for a diff pinion seal, again Greg M has supplied the dimension of the seal which is great, at this time however, I am not sure where to find the correct part??
Dave M.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Phils rotary's on ebay list a handle for Chev Luv or KB 40 Isuzu, they are the clip type $10 ea, go on ebay and have a look and see if they suit, genuine will almost be impossable to find.
The oilseal will be available from any bearing co. The size that Greg gave you will form part of the part no. ie if inner was 40mm and outer was 60mm and depth 10mm part no will read something like 406010 with their prefix no. If you tell them the size, they will give you their part no. easy :D
Hope this helps.
The size Greg gave you is correct, as he had a spare one that I fitted to my GT before the Dots and Dashes, and now is dry as a bone.

Geoff

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi dave one is good the other pitted if thats what you need pm me your address cheers davo

Attachments:
DSCF3171.JPG
DSCF3171.JPG [ 202.42 KiB | Viewed 25270 times ]
DSCF3173.JPG
DSCF3173.JPG [ 198.89 KiB | Viewed 25270 times ]
DSCF3172.JPG
DSCF3172.JPG [ 200.87 KiB | Viewed 25270 times ]
Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Thank you Geoff, I will check out the KB20 and see if they fit, if stuck as Greg said the HQ Holden will fit, I will see how I go. Yes, I realise genuine would be impossible to get, I was hoping "someone" might have a good pair somewhere that I could get hold of.
I wonder if anyone has used the KB20 winders, that would be interesting also??

Thank you Dave the "Blue Bullett" also, I will keep your offer in mind and get back to you.
Dave M.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Hi Dave, One of the ones I gave you the pic for is quite good, with the one from Davo that would give you a good pair. :D
There is a listing for Chev luv handles form OS:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ISUZU-KBD-20 ... 2c67105673

Josh

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
pretty damn close and ready avail ..... mmmmmmmmmmm got you thinking dave ...... got me thinking also thanks josh ...howd you go on that other thing cheers davo..

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Thank you Guys for your assiatnce and siggestions.
Bought a pair of KB20 window winders and they fit!
KEEPING WITH ISUZU!!!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR95 wrote:
Phils rotary's on ebay list a handle for Chev Luv or KB 40 Isuzu, they are the clip type $10 ea, go on ebay and have a look and see if they suit, genuine will almost be impossable to find.
The oilseal will be available from any bearing co. The size that Greg gave you will form part of the part no. ie if inner was 40mm and outer was 60mm and depth 10mm part no will read something like 406010 with their prefix no. If you tell them the size, they will give you their part no. easy :D
Hope this helps.
The size Greg gave you is correct, as he had a spare one that I fitted to my GT before the Dots and Dashes, and now is dry as a bone.

Geoff

Geoff: How easy is it to fit the oil seal? Does the diff have to come out ?

Glenn

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:02 am
Profile WWW

Glenn they can be done in car, drop the tail shaft then the big nut on the flange pop remove flange pop n replace seal. You will notice a few changes in the rear end on the late model but the seal is the same part.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gt orphanage wrote:
Glenn they can be done in car, drop the tail shaft then the big nut on the flange pop remove flange pop n replace seal. You will notice a few changes in the rear end on the late model but the seal is the same part.

Thanks for that. MIne is weeping also. I noticed the 'change' in back. The big rubber donut. I thought where do i get of them from if it's no good, and lo and behold, found a new one in the spares that came with the car. :)
By the way, the engineer i contacted but no reply 2 weeks ago, got back to me yesterday and is happy to do it for $400 (on site)........ mainly interested in the belts. This is proving a problem, There is next to NO metal in the parcel tray area to fit the upper mount.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 am
Profile WWW

I recall dad putting 75x75 plate in the corners of the parcell shelf in the gt. is the sport the same as sedan in the rear :?:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 am

gt orphanage wrote:
I recall dad putting 75x75 plate in the corners of the parcell shelf in the gt. is the sport the same as sedan in the rear :?:

I'm guessing that a sport is identical to sedan. Maybe this later model has chnaged, not sure. But there is simply nowhere i can see to mount the top hole. I ripped all the shelf out last night. In the corners there is a flat section with the centre cut out (very BIG square hole) but the metal is VERY thin and not up to it i don't think. On the back edge of the side upholtery trim panel, there is a flat section but it is below the top of the seat which according to the ADRs' is too low.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile WWW

gt orphanage wrote:

this is how mine looks. That corner section with the big hole in it is very thin metal. About all i can think of at moment is to fit a snug piece of 3mm plate under it to fit into the corners underneath and maybe another piece over the top, in the recess then bolt through the both of them, or maybe also tie it into to the rear squab panel also. The top of the rear seat sits about 70mm above that edge also.

A bit off topic here, sorry Dave. >>> the window winders in this car are the same as you bought for the KB20 by the way. Big knob on them.

Attachments:
Sport-rear-parcel-shelf.jpg
Sport-rear-parcel-shelf.jpg [ 103.63 KiB | Viewed 25005 times ]

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am
Profile WWW

No apologies necessary Glenn!! :lol:

Could your belts be mounted over the seat and down to the floor in the boot like we used to mount full harness belts years ago?
Would that be acceptable with the Engineer?
Dave.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Hi Glenn,
I have just read your post, and I woukd ask your engineer what he wants or his sugestions, send him your photo's.
The back of the GT is similar, but a much smaller area. I made plates to fit into the holes, drilled and threaded them, and you could finish off with nylock nut. the other solution might be to run a brace from the bottom of the fixing bolt to the wheel arch with another plate.
Have you ran your fingers over the hood lining to see if there may be another mounting point up there?
Geoff.
PS
I am away at present, but will send you the brake pics when I get home. Pretty sure they are 3mm.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm

PR95 wrote:
Hi Glenn,
I have just read your post, and I woukd ask your engineer what he wants or his sugestions, send him your photo's.
The back of the GT is similar, but a much smaller area. I made plates to fit into the holes, drilled and threaded them, and you could finish off with nylock nut. the other solution might be to run a brace from the bottom of the fixing bolt to the wheel arch with another plate.
Have you ran your fingers over the hood lining to see if there may be another mounting point up there?
Geoff.
PS
I am away at present, but will send you the brake pics when I get home. Pretty sure they are 3mm.

thanks Geoff
The C pillar has a cover which forms a duct for the air extraction and there appears to be no way to use that area. Have had my hand all round those areas. Some is double panelled also and you can't get into it.
I'm inclined to use the corner and double plate it with 3mm steel and also perhaps bring it down to the back of the seat too. I am going to remove the plastic parcel shelf also as it has huge speaker holes in it and fit a flat MDF one there too.

OK on brake pics. When you have time is fine.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]