View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
happy new year WHERE IS EVERYBODY ...LESS POSTINGS DAILY ??? 

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
G and C - We have been waiting for you to drop in for a coffee and cake and a few Christmas chocolates as well ! .......We are going to load the van and off to the to the beach for a week on Mon..
K and A

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Not much to report unfortunately, the GT is still in 'hospital'. Checked in last week, the bottom end is assembled a looking great, plus I've purchased enough water pumps (5 different designs) to assemble one that works. Top end this week, some air filters, some reassembly, hoping to have it back for the Australia Day weekend.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
great stuff mate you are ahead of me then again yours was driving ....mine is also.....yea ... into my pocket ...ha ha ...got the xmas bonus thanks mate .....cheers davo

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Ah, great news Davo...I was going to check with you. I owe you more than that for all your help (not to mention Oz, Josh, Dave, Glenn, James, Kerry, et al...its a cast of thousands)! 8-)

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:44 am

we are all in this together .....''.its a line from a song ''......well arnt we ......I feel I am .....are you ????

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 am

that last statement was for everybody ................as we are a different to the norm breed ...hey we love belletts ...................

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:56 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
BULLITT wrote:
that last statement was for everybody ................as we are a different to the norm breed ...hey we love belletts ...................

You said it how its like mate!
I look at a part and think, theres a car that should be on. If we can help to get them on the road, thats what has to happen. Shame I dont have more GT bits, but then, who does?

Family, I reckon.
Matt.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:08 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
degruch wrote:
Not much to report unfortunately, the GT is still in 'hospital'. Checked in last week, the bottom end is assembled a looking great, plus I've purchased enough water pumps (5 different designs) to assemble one that works. Top end this week, some air filters, some reassembly, hoping to have it back for the Australia Day weekend.

taking progress pictures to share with us too ?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:03 pm
Profile WWW

Sadly, no. Bill is about 1 hour away from my place and generally not there on weekends. I left work early and dropped in the other day, bottom end is balanced, assembled and painted, sitting upside down on his benchtop...looks great...apart from being upside down...I would have preferred he built the motor the right way up...

... :mrgreen:

Anyway, hope to have a shot of it all complete and in the car 3 weeks from now! Fingers crossed.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

excellent ....good work ....

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:49 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Since my last post, I have had a panel beater/spray painter come around and have a look over the GT just to get an idea of costs. Wow. What a surprise that was. Admittedly he is looking at this as a job to do at home after hours, but there is a LOT of body work to be done. He came in with a figure that was about 4k less than I expected as a starting point.
Now I just have to start saving.

Gary mentioned last year that the remote housing is broken on the top of the gearbox, so if anyone has one available that would be a help.
Also Farmer, you mentioned you had a good fuel tank...is that still available ? I have asked before but none were around then. The one out of the GT is too far gone to salvage.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 am

how about some pics of the gt so we can compare our challenges cheers davo

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:21 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
My GT looks more like a storage shelf than a car at the moment.

Perhaps if Clubstarter is on watching this thread she may have a photo available to post. She may have one with the Wasp, and or the D-Max sitting next to it. ??

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:58 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
67GT wrote:
Since my last post, I have had a panel beater/spray painter come around and have a look over the GT just to get an idea of costs. Wow. What a surprise that was. Admittedly he is looking at this as a job to do at home after hours, but there is a LOT of body work to be done. He came in with a figure that was about 4k less than I expected as a starting point.
Now I just have to start saving.

Gary mentioned last year that the remote housing is broken on the top of the gearbox, so if anyone has one available that would be a help.
Also Farmer, you mentioned you had a good fuel tank...is that still available ? I have asked before but none were around then. The one out of the GT is too far gone to salvage.

Yeah mate, I've got a tank, and if it helps get the GT closer to the road, then I can fetch it up to CARnivale and hand it over. I came by it with a car I got last year, but didn't realise you hadn't got one.
As for the remote housing, sorry not in my shed, but I can give a pointer then too. I suggest coming on the Sunday run beforehand if you can. ;)
Look forward to seeing you then
Cheers, Matt.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:19 am

Hi Matt,
That would be great if you could bring the tank to Australia day, but I may have to work out the logistics of transportation. I couldn't fit it in the Wasp, and that tray is only for decoration. my D-Max will be at Penrith from Saturday evening though ???
As for Sunday, yes I will be along on that too. Looking forward to driving the Wasp on the day, hoping for many more classics to be along too.
My work number, if you want to call me, is (02) 4393 2833. Bob Jane T-Marts LAKEHAVEN
Regards , Warren.

PS--- Saving hard, hoping to get a start on the GT body work in the second half of this year. Fingers crossed.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2