View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
happy new year WHERE IS EVERYBODY ...LESS POSTINGS DAILY ??? 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi guys let me be the first to post ....love to hear from each and everyone of the members sometimes we all need a hand and this being a rare marque ..lets help each other ....DROP IN AND SAY HI ...how many members will post or are we out of members???...I am the first ......davo who is next.......

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:02 am

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Hi Guys, I haven't got much to report except HAPPY NEW YEAR!....I know this year has some restoration involved big or small for some of you !

Hey Davo I can literally drop in and say hello now your New Year's Eve gig is done and I am on holidays.
PM me to let me know which day suits :D
Cheers, Lewis.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
Im still here! not much to report on the bellett, going to work on the bellett this year to get it running right and handling right! The florian will have a rest while i ponder the fate of the carby on it, it just doesnt want to work right!
They are my very basic plans and are possibly going to change, but i hope to get the florian on club rego at some stage too!

Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:33 am

OK ...2ND DAY ..AND ONLY 2 MEMBERS HAVE posted ..hows your new year what did you get for chrissie , how big a hangover ?? how many times have you gone and spoke to your car? what do you need for your car ?? whats your wish list ?? what are you having trouble with (not the wife --cant help you there ) post some pics of your bellett harem ...what have you got for sale (parts) ...will you ever use them ...does someone else need them more ..can I help them with their car ?? don't want to sound like a.... dick head.... but we have a car that is as rare as ..and we should be showing the people ....happy 2015 belletting ...post and tell ...doesn't matter small or big posting we will read it .(I bloody will)lets keep the forum alive don't just push the car up the back and forget .....cheers davo

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:55 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
everyones still probably getting over christmas and new years! I dont mind lending a hand where i can for my fellow belletters!
I think my biggest wish for this year is to get my wide steelies painted finally and get some tyres on them, still not sure what colour i want them in though!

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 am

Car(s): 1968 Bellett 1300 2dr, 06 Scion XA ,05 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Turbo HO
Hi Davo

I'm checking into this great forum, Christmas was good to us and New Years was a quiet event here but I ended up with a little bit of a hangover after having only four beers, go figure.... I have spoken to the Bellett, daily.. :)

I just had the steel mags come back from the powder coaters, had them done in flat black, like they were originally.. I think they turned out good, the Bellett needs body work but I am taken back by the cost of doing it right, so I am shopping and exploring options.

There are just a few things that the car needs parts wise to make it complete, what I've found over the past five years is that some parts are attainable with some searching, some just come up out of the blue and you have to jump on them, I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not pursuing the PR10 that got crushed a couple of years ago in Cali ..... I did score an original radio out of her.

My wish list once I hit the lottery: Original steel wheels and hubcaps, a new fuel tank, I had the existing tank redone but it didn't turn out well, but it was rough to start with...

The part that I just can't find: the metal trim piece around this square headlight .... I think that I'll take it to a specialty art metal shop to have one fabricated as I've had the existing one to three different sheet metal shops here in Tampa and none of them can reproduce it.

t's great to get help from so many folks with this little car, Dick, Kerry, Gricey, Lewis, and yes you Davo, thanks you guys!

I'll look forward to the new year and keeping up with you Bellett.net members, and now Facebook.... :)

Cheers everyone!
Mark

Last edited by BELLETTPR10 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Happy New Year to you all too.
I have been away from the computer ( at work ) so unable to log in to post, but I still check almost daily for new posts to read on my phone. Christmas and New Year were both quiet here for me on the NSW Central Coast. No hang overs, despite my best efforts.
As for the little beasts.... I have the two Wasps at work which I see every day bar Sundays, I am still making a few little changes to the orange one this year to "finish" it off, but am unsure of the fate of the black one. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to do anything with it, and head office are forcing me to remove it from the workshop. The GT is still sitting in the garage at home, again waiting on funding to allow it's resurrection.
I will have the orange Wasp (Phoenix), at Sydney for the Australia day Carnivale, and am looking forward to August for the Shannons display day at Eastern Creek. That was such a blast last year, I will even be hoping for rain again.
Happy Belletting.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
A Happy New Year to all from beautiful Rye Park as well.
Yep, I reckon some are away on holiday, and some are busy as.
We had a great family time in Sydney for a week, but now are home in the heat. Thankfully Tracy is a teacher, so we all have all of January off work! Currently going to town daily to the pool, kids in training, Tracy on excersize routine, and me getting wet, then laying under a huge tree. Sweeeeeet!
Plenty to do keeping orchard alive and cropping, goats fed and healthy, and vegies pushing along in our relatively short season.
Cars? Well, not much chance with the family home! But Shrek is working hard hauling loppings to the goats.

Glad you are into the GT Davo, great work mate.

Mark, I have a really good spare tank I can send you, but the postage may be a shock?! Sorry your model didn't come here, so none of those surrounds available. Do you want full wheel covers, or just the centre caps? I have the latter, but not the former!

I look forward to seeing you and everyone at CARnivale 67GT, and will catch up then. Gary Carter will be there, so expect some GT quizzing!

2015? Loving it!
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BELLETTPR10 wrote:

The part that I just can't find: the metal trim piece around this square headlight .... I think that I'll take it to a specialty art metal shop to have one fabricated as I've had the existing one to three different sheet metal shops here in Tampa and none of them can reproduce it.

t's great to get help from so many folks with this little car, Dick, Kerry, Gricey, Lewis, and yes you Davo, thanks you guys!

I'll look forward to the new year and keeping up with you Bellett.net members, and now Facebook.... :)

Cheers everyone!
Mark

Mark, can you post a picture of the trim piece you need? Maybe we can come up with some 'ideas'.

what year is your car?

glenn

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

hi 67gt would love to see some pics of the gt ..........cheers davo

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:17 am

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Hi Mark

Bit of a long shot

Have you thought of copying the other side in polycarbonate and then getting it chromed?

Make 2 to even it up

Happy New Year

Flying

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 am

Hello

Matt, thanks for the offer I think shipping something like that would be expensive and I'm not ready for that bill but it is nice to know they are out there, being geographically separated really sucks sometimes .. :P

Glenn I will throw a photo up of the trim piece, there is a junk yard in Japan with a Bellett B or a 1500 with that style light, I did check with Nagoya Motors in Japan and the contact there told me those things are rare there and he couldn't get one.

Flying, no I haven't and I like that idea, it seems more practical and perhaps less expensive to accomplish,,, at least I have a pattern for one of them, the other will have to be reverse engineered.

I've even investigated 3 D printing, for one off stuff it is costly ATM, so that is not an option.

Thanks All
Mark

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:28 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BELLETTPR10 wrote:
Hello

Matt, thanks for the offer I think shipping something like that would be expensive and I'm not ready for that bill but it is nice to know they are out there, being geographically separated really sucks sometimes .. :P

Glenn I will throw a photo up of the trim piece, there is a junk yard in Japan with a Bellett B or a 1500 with that style light, I did check with Nagoya Motors in Japan and the contact there told me those things are rare there and he couldn't get one.

Flying, no I haven't and I like that idea, it seems more practical and perhaps less expensive to accomplish,,, at least I have a pattern for one of them, the other will have to be reverse engineered.

I've even investigated 3 D printing, for one off stuff it is costly ATM, so that is not an option.

Thanks All
Mark

without seeig it, possibly could be made in fibre glass then chromed or whatever ?

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Here's the metal headlight surround, I do like the idea of a plastic/polymer/chromed replacement which I'll pursue.....

Mark

Attachments:
bellett exterior 045.jpg
bellett exterior 045.jpg [ 132.34 KiB | Viewed 30144 times ]
Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:24 am
Profile WWW

can you post a picture of the back also ?

Is it aluminium?

glenn

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 am
Profile WWW

I'll gt a good photo of the back of that piece when I get home this evening , and yes I think it is aluminum ...

Thanks
Mark

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:39 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Glenn

Looking at the grille from the PR10 Post it looks almost identical to the 67 gt stepped grill with the addition of the top piece joining the 2 headlight surrounds.

The profile will match the lower piece of the gt grille.

Would love to get hold of the central extusion as I'm sure a lot of others would

Cheers
Flying

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm

BELLETTPR10 wrote:
I'll gt a good photo of the back of that piece when I get home this evening , and yes I think it is aluminum ...

Thanks
Mark

OK if its aluminium and you are a bit handy with wood and a router, and depending on actual profile of rear, you could make a pattern using wood, then slowly form the aluminium (soft annealed aluminium) over the former using hammers. About 0.6mm or so thick, check what yours is. Its called "hammer forming" and there are probably youTube videos of the technique.
I have done some basic stuff here which might give you an idea http://carnut.info/coupe/glenn_percy/gas.htm & http://carnut.info/coupe/glennpp/hotrod/a-floor-acces.htm

glenn

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Hi Folks,
Happy new year to all, I know a little late, but have been camped it the bush. We have spent from Boxing day in Victoria (The place to be), have done the Great Ocean Road, Otway Ranges and at present in the Grampians. Very hot, dry but Beautiful, and a little smoky. Leaving here on Thursday and heading back home to plan the next adventure.
Cheers for now Geoff and Christine Moller.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:25 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
PR95 wrote:
Hi Folks,
Happy new year to all, I know a little late, but have been camped it the bush. We have spent from Boxing day in Victoria (The place to be), have done the Great Ocean Road, Otway Ranges and at present in the Grampians. Very hot, dry but Beautiful, and a little smoky. Leaving here on Thursday and heading back home to plan the next adventure.
Cheers for now Geoff and Christine Moller.

Nice! Very nice.
Stay safe, and call on the way home if you can.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next