View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Steering rack 

Car(s): 3 eh holdens looking for a bellett. first car I owned at 15uz
Hi all, I am currently working on registering my Bellett and need some parts for my steering rack. Can anyone tell me if parts are available for the rack anywhere? :)

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
have a look in PARTS INTERCHANGEABILITY .............parts and contracted services

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:23 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
shoeman wrote:
Hi all, I am currently working on registering my Bellett and need some parts for my steering rack. Can anyone tell me if parts are available for the rack anywhere? :)

Many years back, i totally rebuilt a rack with all new parts from local Bellett parts supplier. Sadly long gone.

Sadly also, i think there are next to no parts available for the rack either. Nothing compatible either that I have found.

If you only have 'looseness' in the straight ahead position, then a trick is to remove the pinion gear and rotate it around 180 degrees so the teeth less used, are in contact with the rack gear. Quick and easy to do also.

The rack end joints, from memory, can be tightened up a little also. Grease will help a bit also.

If its the tie rod ends, then another problem of availability. With all the rod ends on so many cars, one would imagine "something" would fit? But again, I don't know what that is. Maybe a group member has some secrets to share ?

glenn

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
even if the threads don't match, another tie rod end with correct taper might be adaptable, by having a new hex adjuster made, with suitable threads ?

Last edited by Glenn on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:20 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
thanks for your help to shoeman ..he is the new owner of my blue teardrop ...please help him out hes a top bloke and a bellett nutter as well as the few eh holdens he has restored ...cheers davo

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]