View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
tp magna brake conversion 

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Question to those who have done the conversion. Have just tried sigma pepperpots on front wheels and they don't clear the outer edge of the brake callipers. Have others rounded off the edge of the calliper to fit their sigma wheels.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:34 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
claws wrote:
Question to those who have done the conversion. Have just tried sigma pepperpots on front wheels and they don't clear the outer edge of the brake callipers. Have others rounded off the edge of the calliper to fit their sigma wheels.

I started this conversion but it seems there must be two different caliper types on a TP Magna? The ones I got at least would not clear the wheels. Somewhere in this group i think there is a picture of a conversion process but the calipers are are a different type. Maybe that helps.

I no longer have the calipers due to moving house and divesting much stuff ! I do though have a new set of Rotors.

this is the thread where i put pics of the 'other' caliper
http://www.bellett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1890

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]