View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
clutch stopped working after sitting for a while? 

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
That's a worry Mr Fibbles
I'm wondering if you use the adjusting nuts on the throw out rod to give it maximum adjustment and then try it (clutching at straws here, no sick pun intended)..and good luck Gt orph-with the race machine that is, and the big guy next door.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hey Gt I just realised, is that car the one with the cam from Wade Cams in it?

I also PM'd you about the manifold you sent before Christmas so I could reimburse postage costs.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 am

No the engine in this car is not mine so i have to treat it kind. The deal is i can use it while i build an engine, the guy that ownes it has been told it's good for 8500 rpm that would be interesting in my back yard :shock: then again half the fences are washed away i could clear the other half.
I better not say too much the owner of the engine reads the forum :D.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
your secrets safe with us! ;)

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 am

well guys ive tried all i can without actually pulling the box out to look at the clutch etc, still not able to get the clutch working, perhaps the pressure plate has called it a day? oh well might be time to pull the motor and box out to fix the rust etc anyway!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 am

do you have drive? was it raining when you parked it up? i have a ski boat and when we dont bilge the water it can spray the fly wheel if i park it with it engaged next time it goes out we cant disengage it. we put the leaver out of gear and ski after 10 minutes of use its fine. we quite often when water is around people apply handbrakes and they stick on i have seen people drive down the road for hundreds of meters a good clout with a hammer and the free up. If this is the case with your clutch it will not let go easy. If it was registerd i would try driving it a bit and see what happened.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I had the same clutch issue in the green machine over the holidays with all the rain. It was at my brothers place most of the time and access was not good with the dam bursting and flooding over the driveway. after sitting in two foot deep wet grass it was jambed in gear so I rode the starter motor in gear till it started got up to speed them threw out the anchors real hard.
Hey presto it was all good again, just as the grand tourer has suggested a little earlier. It's tough love but the bellett can handle it.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

think i have figured it out! rear welsh plug started to leak and it has gone straight down the back of the motor, hence why it was good when i stopped driving it and sticking now, unfortunately i have but a short bit of drive way to try to unstick it so i will instead get the car to the inlaws house and leave it there!
no really i will pull the motor out unstick the clutch and fix the welsh plugs at the same time, if i get enthused enough i may even replace the leaky old head gasket....

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2