View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Basket Weave Vinyl Upholstery Pattern 

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
I remember mentioning this topic and someone's response being that no one ever found any basket weave vinyl that matched the original upholstery, and everyone just picks the next closest pattern they can find.

I seem to be having very bad luck finding any basket weaves at all. I can't even find VW Beetle Naugahyde by the yard...

I finally managed to do a keyword search that returned a place that says they can reproduce any vinyl for any vehicle. Before I contact them, I wanted to see if the pattern I am looking for matches any other known car. Or, the pessimistic view, the difference between the 2 1/2 yards of fabric it takes to do a set of seats, and the half a million yard minimum quantity order to have the fabric made, would be a total waste because it matches no other car on the face of the planet.

Anyway, this is a 300 dpi scan, 300 x 300 pixels. I think that scales to 1 inch by 1 inch, or 25.4 mm x 25.4 mm.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Attachments:
Bellett Basket Weave Pattern.jpg
Bellett Basket Weave Pattern.jpg [ 26.71 KiB | Viewed 10597 times ]
Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
No JT, I haven't ever seen this in any Aus Bellett. Is it possible that your seats have been re-done previously by someone who just liked this pattern?
Cheers mate.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 pm

matt, all depends on what model car JT has.
GT is different to sedan, and they differed from model to model.
the late cars (that we never got) had high back buckets, some with a basket weave, but again, were different model to model.
not knowing what model JT's car is makes it very hard.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
My 19681/2 GT does not have that type of basket weave and the seats are the vinyl original covers.
I have not seen that weave in Tom's GTR either.

I have seen similar weaves in Australia, however not an extact match.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]