View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
bellett buckets 

Car(s): 67 BELLETT SEDAN. 66 AUTO SEDAN PARTS CAR.HAD GT NOW AT ORPHANAGE
has anyone got some cherry red (i guess thats what youd call it ) passenger seat ?or full set of trim o roll of trim i have been quoted a fair price however matching will be a problem ....drivers seat is ok ...just ripped in back of passenger seat or has anyone got a 66 on set of black seats for sale ? talk to me ? also need the workings of an interior light ?will swap for 2 dinted hubcaps.....yea like thats a deal.. i have a small lot of parts but try me ..regards dave

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:17 am

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
BELLQLD,
Re the cherry reds. Presently I am having a set of cherry red seats (front and back) re-uphostered with new material and although the base of the fronts are ripped and bin material, the back part of the front seats are in fair nick and certainly the back of them, i.e. the part facing backwards, are not ripped and may be salvageable. If you are interested I will ensure the upholsterer takes them off with minimum damage. Already have a pair of "dinted hubcaps" but are in need of a tail light indicator lense, that is, the the bottom half.
A.J.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Car(s): 67 BELLETT SEDAN. 66 AUTO SEDAN PARTS CAR.HAD GT NOW AT ORPHANAGE
hi aj certainly intersted in the remaining seat material what colour lense do you want ? clear or amber ? wait to hear from you regards dave ddavosen@bigpond.net.au

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Did you find upholstery that matches the original? I searched for black in the smooth and basket weave, and did not find good matches for the texture. The smooth seems to be almost polished or glossy, but with scars and wrinkles in the pattern to make it look more like genuine leather. The basket weave seems a finer pattern that does not have the same geometry of the modern offerings. Overall, the available smooth was like a pebble and satin finish and the basket weave was too course...

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:59 am

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
Re Bellett buckets.
I did not find upholstery that matched the original but settled for the nearest available. That is why I have decided to get all the seats done so they all look the same.
A.J.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]