View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Fiberglass and carbon fiber panels for Bellett GT/GTR 

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
I wanted to start this as a new thread, and make sure it was in the body and paint section, so that it would be difficult not to find.

redback wrote:
It would be nice if there were a few of those Fibreglass panels still around.
A lot of Bellett drivers would like to get their hands on them to replace rusty quarter panels and dented bonnets and boot lids.

A Japanese company called "Restored" makes fiberglass and carbon fiber body panels for 1960's and 70's Japanese cars, and even a few 80's models. Their English language section does not include all of their offerings, mostly Datsun and Toyota. You have to go into the Japanese language website to find the Isuzu parts. They have panels for a limited number of body styles of Piazza, Gemini, 117 Coupe, and Bellett.

http://www.restored.jp/pr95.htm

These are for the very late 1969 GT/GTR body style, with the short hood, cowel panels, and hood vents. They have hood/bonnet, cowl (between hood and windshield), fenders, doors, and trunk lid. Someone else please confirm this, but wouldn't the hood be the only thing unique to the late 1969 and later cars, and the trunk lid, fenders, and doors should fit all GTs.

I have no idea of the quality. This website was mentioned some time ago on JapaneseNostalgicCar.Com referencing Hakosuka parts, and after some digging, I found the Isuzu parts. Based on the pictures, the hood, trunk lid, and doors are complete with an outer skin and a back or bottom reinforcement similar to the stamped steel parts. The hinge and latch attachment points appear to be reinforced. It appears that these parts are as high in quality as anything available.

They have some weatherstrip available, but this appears to be only trunk, vent windows, rear side windows, and a notation that the front glass seal is discontinued.

I don't know what it would take to get them to make other panels. Probably a quantity order and delivery of a car to their shop for the pattern to be made from.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Car(s): Impulse -85, racing Bellett -67 1,5-liter 5-speed, GEO Storm -93 1,8 16V DOHC
Great find JT191! The quality looks good in those parts that are on the photos.. And the prices...hmmm...if you need and want those parts, they are not so bad.

I just wrote to "Share your Bellett History", that I had in my ex GT glass fibre GTR bonnet, front fenders and the lower back part of rear fender. Bonnet and that rear part are made by Fun Motors, Finland. They are very good quality. "AriNojd", who is the manager of Fun Motors (has also lots of new Bellett, Florian, Elf and Bellel parts) is writing also in this forum. I think he will make whatever from glass fibre. I have ordered a GT roof for my racing Bellett to make a GT from this 4d Bellett which now has only one door...

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 am

Car(s): '65 Wasp w/Florian G161, '66 Hillman Super Minx Wagon(now under daughter's ownership), F350 Super Duty, Jayco Caravan
The price for a set of guards is about A$1200 not including shipping. Easily add A$400-500 for shipping from Japan. In that case if anyone needs a set of guards I have a set in excellent condition without dents or rust for $1200.00. Other parts of the sedan are available also: 1969 Sedan. Contact me via the website. cheers, clyde

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 am

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett - SOLD to Kazmaxx, 1965 Isuzu Wasp, 1964 Toyota Crown, 1984 Toyota Sprinter AE86
That is effing awsome i love the japs pity the aussie dollar droped so much

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Great work JT191,

How good would it be to convert the front end and boot lid to Carbon Fiber - sweeeeeeeet !!!!
It looks so racey unpainted it would be a shame to paint over all that weaving........

Prices hurt though :(

Anyone going to Japan shortly??? with a bit of space left in there shipping container - heh heh heh'

This website/forum rocks!!!!!!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]