View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Paint colour numbers 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi, guys.
I need to get a litre of touch-up paint, but all the local shops say they need a colour number. I seem to remember someone having a colour chart at the last nationals, was it you Ross?
The one I need is for our '66 auto - light grey. (see avatar). If anyone has it, could you please post a reply? Thanks heaps,
Matt. :)

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=130

Quote:
1967-69
Colour Name_____Colour No._____Code No.

Elf Grey__________10458

Pigeon Grey______11520________0015

Silver Gray (M)___10018________0088
Twilight Gray_____11882________0024

1972-74 Isuzu Trucks
Colour Name_____Colour No._____Code No.
Isuzu Grey_______15195

This is from the Dulon/Dulux/Duco catalog. May or may not help.

If these number match anything for your touch up paint, please say so. That might be a source for a color sample of the blue I need to track down.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Thanks, J.T.
Funny how sometimes we ask a question, then next day we find the answer. Today I went into our nearby small town where a new panel shop has opened. Turns out the guy is an enthusiast for old cars. He had an old colour book on the shelf, & lo & behold. Belletts are listed (along with other rare breeds like Prince, etc.) :!: My colour is "Foam White" - colour no. 7164, and there is also the RECIPE. High strength White - 69 parts, Reduced Black - 27 parts, Yellow Ochre - 4 parts. using Dulon tinters in Balm paints Duco.
Next step is to get it mixed by someone who still does Acrylic (he only does 2-pack) and see how it comes out. I'll go back & copy down all the other colour recipes and post them in the hope it helps you & anyone else.
After I asked the question last night, I went back & read the other posts on this subject which I hadn't done previously. (Shoulda done that first!)
More soon
Matt.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 am

Update. I found a shop that mixes Acrylic, who converted the Dulon recipe to P.P.G. tinters. He mixed a tin & it is a perfect match. (WooHoo!) The recipe is tinter A030 - 78.8
515 - 80.4
311 - 81.3
129 - 101.2
-to make 1 litre.
Next I need to go back to the guy with the colour book & copy all the other recipes. I'll post them A.S.A.P.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Matt,

Does the guy you got the paint codes from have any other types of paint (ie ones that Sprint Auto Parts use) with M034 etc type numbers.

I am trying to get some made up but they only have a computer and it has no idea about Belletts and the Isuzu Truck colours don't list a Foam White or match the 7164.

Cheers
Rob

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Rob, haven't been to this thread for a while. So here's an update. When I used that paint on Doris it looked right until I compounded the patch. It revealed a shade difference. :roll: Since then I found the 'Barn find'. It's a '65 and Doris is early '66. The paint is the right one for '65. It seems Isuzu changed the colour a shade between models. Gary Carter's '67 looks the same colour until you put them together. Again, a shade lighter. He needs a few spots doing, so he went to a restorer with a Spectrometer, who mixed him a litre. We will be doing the repairs soon, so will see if it is right.
This is probably the best way to go, problem is most places only do 2-pak. This guy in Yass does Acrylic at $70/litre.
I'll let you know how it goes on. I think your car is '67 (?) so should be the same as Gary's.
Cheers mate.
Matt.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 am

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Hi Matt
If possible could you get the code & recipe for My SID it is a 66 1/2 sedan in the dark navy blue colour our paint shop says ISUZU WHO & ONLY HAS 2 PAC
If you are lucky can you bring to Coona please
cheers Ken
PS message for Gary C 8 track player & an old owners h/book for a radio are packed to go to Coona & I believe Brett W is bringing the tapes for 8/track

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am

ive got the dulux colour listing you speak of matt. another part of the bellett document mountain ive got here!
lists all the earlier colours, including names and mixtures.
i'll scan it on the weekend and post it for you.
cheers.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Got a can of paint mixed to the sort of recipe that si quoted here.
It's a very close match to the paint on Bella.
However it is not a good match to what appears to be the original "foam white" under the plate that blocks off the original mirror holes :(
Bella has been repainted and the original colour does show up in a few spots.

So close yet so far.

Cheers
Rob

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]