View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
starter motor brushes 

Car(s): 67 bellett 1500 deluxe in restoration mode
can anybody help with starter motor brushes.Supplier ,Brand ,Number or maybe what else fits.CHEERS

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:58 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Tassman.
I am assuming that you are restoring the car and you may have the starter motor on the bench.
I can give you the genuine part number but will be of no use as most of the non genuine manufacturers
in the early days, 60's & 70's,did not use or obtain the genuine part number to have as a cross reference
to their own part number.
The best thing to do is to take the starter to an auto electrician and get them to test it and repair.
Quiet a few of the Japan manufacturers basically used one of two major auto electrical companies to
supply components to their requirements. These being Hitachi or Mitsubishi. Getting brushes, I don't think,
will be a problem as these manufacturers will produce a brush to suit a multitude of starters and getting non
genuine will not be a problem for the auto electrician.

Dave.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
:) Well said Dave,I took the starter off the Tassie Devil,local auto elec,sorted through a box of bits and had brushes to suit,been told gemini starter will fit,Gerry

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:19 am

Car(s): 67 bellett 1500 deluxe in restoration mode
Dave and Gerry,thanks for info re starter brushes.Took to local auto elect,measured and ordered.3 days and new brushes .from O.E.X. no:B.R.X.71223 Hitachi.Thanks again.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]