View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
DELUXE WIPERS RELAY????? 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
HI GUYS YOU KNOW OF MY LITTLE CAR I HAVE JUST OBTAINED THRU GRICEY A 2 SPEED PULL OUT (GENUINE) WIPER SWITCH FOR A TEARDROP DELUXE . MY QUESTION IS A CURLY ONE AND THOSE WITH A DELUXE MAY KNOW THE WIPER MOTOR DOES IT HAVE A RELAY ON IT ? I GOT THE SWITCH AND TOOK THE MOTOR AS WELL GOT IT THRU THE AIRLINES THEN CHECKED IN MY WORKSHOP MANUAL IT APPEARS THEY HAVE A RELAY SCREWED ON TO THE WIPER MOTOR THE DELUXE I TOOK IT OFF HAD NO RELAY .........WILL IT NEED IT ? IF SO CAN I FIT ONE OR HAS SOMEONE AN OLD ONE SITTIN ROUND (JOKING) FARMER ND BRETT COME ON LET ME KNOW OR ANYONE ELSE WHO KNOWS THIS SIDE OF THE BELLETT ...ITS GOT ME ... ID APPRECIATE AN ANSWER CHEERS DAVO IM STILL AT THE BLUE MACHINE MUST POST PICS SOON ...

Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Sorry Davo, I'm slack! I've meant to take a few photos for you. :oops:

No time like the present!
Here's Doris' wiper motor - looks just like the standard one, but with 4 wires & the relay.
Perhaps an auto electrician could supply a relay that would work? Might be like some other thing.

Attachment:
Belletts (2)_resize.JPG
Belletts (2)_resize.JPG [ 85.72 KiB | Viewed 8409 times ]

Note that this is a teardrop deluxe one, the later one is different, round motor & smaller relay.
Works differently to! When you switch off, the motor reverses direction, does the part sweep, then a full sweep to park. I know, wierd as!

Cheers, Matt.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:08 pm

thanks matt certainly dont have a relay on the top of them i guess the 4 wires would carry thru as it had the 4th wire on the dash push pull switch ...something else to muck around with ...remember that saying mum and dad would say '''what you been doing ?'' oh not much just mucking around ...now we spend all our spare time bellett mucking around cheers davo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
there was an article in the BCCV magazine years ago, on converting a single speed motor to 2 speeds. From memory, you add another brush at a small angle from the existing ones. Soembody might have that issue and put it on here parhaps.

glenn

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

actually that article was about moving the second speed brushes to make the speed faster, as low and high speed are pretty close to each other standard.
u still need a 2 speed motor to begin with.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:45 am

come on brett you must know where theres a relay to suit my car ...ive got to drive it to merrimbula i will need the 2 speed wipers ..then again i will probably need more than that ..but i will enjoy it .....any relays you know of ? cheers davo

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]